RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX]Character, Face and Battler Request. Will pay (Paypal)

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
I was hoping that someone could do an rtp styled character chip and face for this character. The expression in this picture will do.

As for the battler, I was hoping someone could do it in this style:

I understand it's a painful request and I am willing to pay for it. Please pm me.
It's a pretty big boss in my game. So don't be afraid to make her large. The human-shaped torso should be the normal scale as the other humans for this sprite style.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Oh god, I'll give it a go. I'm cheap don't worry. Give me a day or two and I'll let you know if it's doable. That okay?

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
I look forward to seeing what you can do and thank you for taking the time to try :)

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Do you have a player battler I could use for size reference for the battler and sprite?

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
Well I am using the Tanketai battle system for rmvx so the battlers for my characters are the standard vx sprites:

Beshuda Linell:

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
Brilliant, thats alright then. Do you want her to be animated or not?
I've done the faceset, just tweaking a few things here and there before I show you.

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
Not animated. All of my enemy sprites follow the same art style and don't move at all. Also about the battlers vs character battlers, the battler itself doesn't have to be within reasonable size limits. Kinda like in the old ff titles where an enemy depicting a human could be 4-5x larger than the actual characters.

Can't wait to see what you have going.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
Heres what I've got so far. Needs some tweaking, methinks, before its right.

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
The hair seems to wrap to the head to closely. The eyes also wrap to the head a little closely. If you can add a bit more depth, it should work fine. Good work so far though. I like what I'm seeing.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
Righto, I'll fix that when I get back from college. I think If size the eyes down a bit they'll work better.

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
Don't panic or worry, I've been camping and working off a tiny ancient laptop the last three days. I've started the battler and overworld sprite, and when I get back I'll get back to work on the faceset :)

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
No rush was just making it easier for me to notice if it was updated. I only glance at the boards, haha.

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
Sorry, it's taking far longer than anticapated :/

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
It's fine. I'm not quite at the point where I'm going to place her in my story but it's coming up fast. Luckily I figured out a few ways to slow down the pace of the game so that I don't make it go by too fast.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
If you use a placeholder till it's done you can just paste her in afterwards :3

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
Well to be honest I am at the point where paying isn't an option. Waiting this long for a product I was willing to pay for isn't worth the money. When someone pays for commission it's suppose to come at a much quicker pace than several weeks. Especially a commission this small. I appreciate your attempt and you're welcome to keep working on it if you want but I will not be paying at this point. I am sure I can figure out a different boss to fill the spot or find someone on a professional level that is willing to do something small time.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
She does have a life, you know. Settle down.
It's not very difficult to work around, just have something in your game that uses a placeholder graphic, and then when you get the real deal put the actual file in with the same name. It's pretty easy, and not very stressing unless you want to release your game any time in the extremely near future.
Of course, this is coming from someone who has never done any graphical recourse work in their life.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
I regret missing out on 2 days of college for you now. Your attitude stinks, you didnt even offer a down payment or anything, let alone a deadline. You want a professional, go find one. Your request is complete but I dont really think you deserve it.

Nice way of overreacting :o

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
How much would you have charged Gracie and what's your paypal account? I will pay you to release it on RMRK since this guy was an asshole, but only if you put a condition on it that he can't use it in his game unless he reimburses me :P

Legally speaking, I suspect he's also in breach of contract since he never said there was a deadline and I see no reason that would be an implied term of the contract, especially since just two days earlier he told you it was fine. Not that I expect you to enforce this in a court, but I just felt you should know you are legally in the right.

Also, don't skip college classes. Be cool; stay in school.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 07:05:10 PM by modern algebra »

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
You release it on RMRK, he'll get it. What was he expecting, seriously.  I'm not too pissed about skipping two days on 2 seperate weeks to do the request - I'm pissed I've lost £60 of EMA as a result. Which is nowhere near what he'd pay but I didn't mind, til he turned into an ungrateful douchwa. I'm not going to ask for your money algebra, its cool.

Rep:
Level 69
RMRK Junior
You're absolutely wonderful at making portraits!! :D

What programs do you use to make them?

I use Photoshop, but it takes quite a while to make something I want, and I always use a template(similar face)  Do you do these from scratch?

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
Yea.. no it was not an over-reaction. I understand you have a life. I do too. I serve in the US Navy as a Nuclear MM. I know a bit more about time management than you think. I don't have a shitty attitude. I was waiting patiently for around a month. I am sorry if it came off as me being rude. I would be more than happy to pay for it if it's a complete resource. I still haven't gotten to where I can use her because go figure my school kicked it up a notch on me recently. Hence why I also didn't reply to some of the shitty comments that have been made at my expense here. As for a downpayment, what could you really expect? 10$? I mean seriously these graphics are hardly worth 60$ tops so a downpayment would be sorta pointless. When you consider a "downpayment" you are aiming more around 100's if prices get that high.... which they don't for RPGmaker unless the game is going commercial or it's a package of resources. All I really wanted was 1 face, a battler and a walking sprite. Last request I made of anyone was done in 1 night (sprite only). I wasn't expecting that, of course but it goes to show what people are capable of.

It's up to you. If you want to sell it, I'll buy it. I apologize for being a bit rude in that post but you can't ignore that I have been more than patient about this from the start. I do appreciate the fact that you have completed it though.

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
mm on a side note I do recognize that I didn't set a deadline, so I apologize for that. Next time I'll be a bit more thorough in any request I make. I also do see that regardless of what happened, I should pay for the work if it IS what I wanted so I WILL pay regardless of whether or not it's complete. Just PM me and please have an admin close this before I get flamed to hell. I didn't intend for a stupid argument to arrise from this.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I'm glad that you recognize it was unfair to fabricate a deadline two days after you had told her the delay was fine, and I am glad that you are willing to pay. I am sorry I called you an asshole now :(

I will lock the topic now and you two can finish the rest of your business over PM.