RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
L.A. Noire

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
This game is like Phoenix Wright with action segments. I am diggin' it. there are some finnicky things but that's the engine's fault. anyone else playing it?

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I haven't picked it up yet, but I plan to.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
seriously though investigation is pretty much Phoenix Wright, it's pretty good so far.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature spaceSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I'll get this whenever I have time and money. It looks good.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
How is the facial expression reading? I was afraid that it would be either way too over the top, or too subtle to be recognizable.

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Most Unsung Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
Jay got it last night and I sat with him while he played the first few cases. The facial rendering is very, very nice. I still notice some quirks on the insides of the mouths, but they paid a lotta attention to facial topography and what moves when you speak. Honestly, I think the work they did on necks and throats is the best, you can actually see all of the muscles at work when people talk.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Facial topography = the study of a planet's, moon's or asteroid's surface shape and features on someone's face.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 85
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Most Unsung Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
Some of these guys do have some impressive craters.

Rep:
Level 94
What I meant was, how is it when you have to read people's expressions to determine when they're lying? Is it like the dramatic chipmunk? Is it too subtle? Is it spot on?

Rep:
Level 85
It varies with difficulty, so far most have been pretty easy to tell (I'd think because it's so early i the game), if they keep eye contact, 'prolly telling the truth, Some are ridiculously obvious, eyes darting all over the place and brows working like mad, but it's not cartoonish. So yeah, I'd say they kept it at the right level.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
I've definitely caught people lying because of their demeanor and small almost unnoticeable facial tells. it's just right, the actors did well. </opinion>

Rep:
Level 94
Cool, that's really the only thing I was worried about.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
I do wish they were a little more expressive with their posture but it's not too bad. rockstar still needs to do something about sleeves though they always seem a little too starched. but like that's not gonna change much until the character models are actually WEARING the clothes or something.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
Bought this to fill a bored weekend, i find it really odd how you can pickup random unrelated objects and wiggle them, theres also the dead body inspection, WHY AM I WIGGLING THIS DEAD GUYS FACE AND LOLING.

I don't like how the engine wants to mess with me, random pedestrians that wont move out of the way in doorways are beginning to bother me :(

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature spaceSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I don't like how the engine wants to mess with me, random pedestrians that wont move out of the way in doorways are beginning to bother me :(
Can't you just walk into them and knock them over like in GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption?

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
Nope, your a police officer that would be mean. also killing people while driving is A NO NO, i actually drove lawfully to one mission...from the perspective of a brit :V, your left turns are weird.

Rep:
Level 102
You mean you're actually not able to push people over by walking into them?

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
Last time i checked no, it might of been the bugged person though, he was in a doorway, if you run at people they seem to just move out the way :(

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Left turns should be short, right ones are long. Fix your country, US.

The metric system is easier too.

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander

Can you believe they all drive on the wrong side of the road too?
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

Our steering wheels are also on the other side, it's mirrored, so crossing traffic is long, and not crossing traffic is short.

This Iaagree with.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I think for outside temperature and body weight, AMURIKKKA makes more sense. But for everything else metric all the way. Also driving is the exact same just mirrored, doesn't matter as long as you're in an appropriate vehicle.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah

No, then yes.

Only you island-dwellers have the drive-on-the-left-side thing. And even then only some islands.

But metric system much better for real. Any idiot who's even bothered with a science class would appreciate metric system more.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
discuss LA Noire here, discuss the metric system elsewhere.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 08:51:05 AM by Arrow-1 »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
discuss LA Noire here, discuss the metric system elsewhere.

:thread re-railed:

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
SOWWI :(,

Anyone else really hating every partner they throw at your, STFU and get out of my car.