RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A few problems I'm having.

Rep: +0/-0Level 70
RMRK Junior
Okay, in my current game, an attempt to create an arcade game with RPGM2003, I'm having a few problems.

The first:

I have an in game battle system, and I was trying to make it so the hero could fire a arrow that goes through multiple enemies. The original event system went like this: conditional branch if (The variables calculating the X and Y coordinates of both the enemy and the arrow) are equal. If that is matched, the enemy is flashed red, a sound effect plays, and the variable containing the enemy's HP is increased. Once all that happens, the switch that activates the arrow firing is turned off.

To make the arrow go through multiple enemies, I simply removed the switch turning on, so that instead of disappearing after hitting an enemy, it disappears only after having moved eight squares.

However, instead of simply hitting every enemy it touches, the arrow will only hit one enemy, and pass harmlessly through any others. At it's best (usually when I have all ten enemies lined up in a row) it hits two.

Next, I'm also working on a Custom Menu system for this same game. Using pictures to display the menu in one corner. For items, I'm trying to make this happen.

If enter is pressed when Items is selected, the current menu picture vanishes, and a new picture appears. Then, using conditional branches to tell if the items are possessed,a picture of each different item held is displayed.

However, one of two things happens.

1) the games freezes, and I'm forced to close it with ctrl+alt+del.
2) After making the items menu a separate event, activated upon being called, either I set said event as auto start (with a switch activating it which is turned on by selecting item on the menu and pressing enter) and the game crashes, or I set it on call, and the hero can move around, and the main menu can be activated again.

So, any ideas how to fix this? Should i go into any more detail on my event systems?

Thanks
~Zarayna~