RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Witcher 2

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
So, is this worth the buy?

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I've just become more cautious is all, not to waste money on disappointing games. But I don't have the money to buy the game at the moment anyway, hopefully Steam gets a demo for it... that'd be cool.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Its not disappointing. Its awesome. Read your thread.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Everyone's loved it.
If I didn't use all my money on Portal 2, which was of course a necessity, I definitely would've bought this. I'll have to play through the first one though. That's just a habit of mine when playing/watching/banging sequels of things.
This is worth your money.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I did read the thread, but no one really said anything about the game being worth buying, I just saw a lot of graphical discussion and combat being difficult. But alright, I'll buy the game in the near future, I can't right now though because I have insufficient funds.

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
Truly, it's a wonderful game.

The story was incredibly awesome, and the graphics were insanely beautiful. The makers lovingly made the game, putting in a lot of work and devotion. If you have any money to spare, my advice would be throwing it into this.

Bioware and Dragon Age, as hard as they might try, can't really compare. It'd take a miracle to get them out of being mediocre in comparison to TW2.

From my experience the only people who disliked TW2 were Bioware fanboys who were jealous of the fact that it's awesome, or just people who disliked it out of personal taste. Naturally I'm more lenient towards the latter, because that's at least a reason I can understand. I've yet to see one person who had provided actual critique for the game that is not a matter of preference. Well, aside from a couple of critics, and they generally enjoyed the game nevertheless.

Or conserving this whole statement into one sentence, my avatar says everything.

Gah crap, times like this I'm angry that my grandfather had to move out of Poland. Well, being born just over the border is close enough.

Sorry if I sound like a fanboy, because I probably am, to the extent that I've read all the books about 500 times, and played the first game about 20 times making various decisions throughout XD

P.S.: Obama apparently got TW2 on his trip to Poland as a diplomatic present.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 11:57:12 AM by Thurinn »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Yeah, I heard about that Obama thingy, it gave me a good laugh. I'm actually playing the Witcher 1 right now (on and off) until I save enough for the second. I've been hearing great things about it, and I've been in need of a good rpg.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Yeah, its really good. Its not as perfect as Thurinn would have you believe, but no game is. That stuff about criticism is a little out there, too, since all criticism is subjective, and therefore a matter of preference.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Got the game - choppiness harasses me even on the lowest of settings, I need some new hardware if I expect to actually do something with the game. I bought it though, because I'd read that my maximum, is the game's recommended, yet no matter how I edited the Graphics, It still came out choppy. I'm in need of some new guns anyhow, so I don't mind waiting.

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
Finished the game today.

(Don't read unless you've beaten it)

Spoiler for:
I kind of did everything I could to have Triss never return, but Letho just had to pull her from the Nilfgaardians. Darn. Though, if my eyes don't deceive me, at the very very final cutscene where Geralt looks at Loc Muinne for a sec and then moves away (at least for me, because as we all know this game has an incredible degree of variance between scenarios), she and Roche were entering the city down there again, as opposed to Geralt who leaves, so I guess that's good enough. XD

... The only things I hate more than Triss are Shani and the Scoia'tael
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 10:13:47 PM by Thurinn »