RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Battle System

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
Hi i search a Script for a Card Game it sould have a  face up face down option , if i put a card on the field  it should be visible on the field just like yugioh

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Hmm... this script request is not getting filled, sorry. First of all, battle scripts that are more than just graphical touchups are pretty complicated, so it would be a pretty slim chance that it would get filled even if it were a proper request.

It is not a proper request.

I could write a script that would fit all of your instructions, and you would end up with a battle with no opponent; it could never be won or lost, since even if you had an opponent there would be no way to do damage. It would literally be a black screen and you would be able to turn your cards (which would just be regular playing cards) over and you would be able to put them on the "field," which (since it was unspecified) would just be a black space at the top of the screen and your card would slide up there and do nothing.

Really though, whenever you are communicating with other people, the very first thing you should assume is that they are not you, and you actually need to explain your thoughts to them. And when you're requesting a script, you have to remember that scripters need to manually do everything! That means you have to tell them what the cards are, what they mean, what they look like, how they are deployed, how they do damage, what other menus need to be called, what the background should be, what stats matter and how they affect the flow of the battle, how the AI works, whether there's an HUD, whether the cards correspond to actors in the database or whether they should be manually created, how cards are drawn (randomly?), how the player gets new cards, how the player builds their deck, etc... and forever! Nothing is automatic and in order for a scripter to do anything like what you want, you need to actually tell them. That said, due to the level of complexity I just described, major battle systems are seldom taken up.

Anyway, I don't mean to be rude; I'm just saying that you shouldn't expect someone to fulfill this request unless you tell them what to do.

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
Ok sry
Ok here what i want to do with the Script....

I want to make a Game what is like the Card Game Yugioh what it need is:

The face up option the face down i dont need

The Card must be visible on the Field when played

When i want to do a Attack i must turn that Cards what i want to Attack to the left and after the Attack it is in Res Mode
for this round and keeps the Position from the Attack

It need a nice looking live system i was thinking of Live Stone not the old Live Points
if i take a Direct hit it sould decrase the Live Stone if the Card has 1 Simbol 1 Live Stone if 2 Simbol 2 Live Stone
if the one where is Attacked has a Monster Card on the Field what isn't in Res Mode he can block with it

And like you say both side sould be able to Attack with a Played Monster

Than it need a Magic Card System or how i want to name it Flash Card

I want to make this Battle System to look nice thats why i was thinking about a Monster Database where i put all the Monster Picture and when i Play Monster it look in the Database what for a Picture the ID has and then it show the Battler before the Card thats why i sould be able to give all my Cards a ID but i dont know how many Card it sould be thats why it sould have a nice Comment above that i now where i can add ID's

or a database with the ID's and i can call the ID via animaton or the System  above

And at last when i Win i sould become a Card and Cash if i Lose i lose Cash

i dont know if that is  enough Information if you need more say it then i must think about mor Information

Rep:
Level 82
The problem you'll run into here, as Modern has already said, is that a system like this is not a simple task for a scripter to complete. You aren't talking about a small thing here. This is literally something that would take whoever was crazy enough to take it up a fairly long time to finish up. They'd also have a hell of a lot of testing to do make sure everything works accordingly.

Even if the idea itself seems fairly straight forward, the biggest issue that software designers run into is where the programmers (who have to do the hard work) turn around and say "I'm sorry, but what you are asking is either far too complicated or just won't be completed on time." I suppose if you didn't mind waiting months for a script like this, you won't have a big issue outside of the third response ("I just can't be bothered doing that") - because we scripters don't get paid for writing these scripts and there's just not enough incentive to put the effort in for something they themselves won't use. Personally, I only really write scripts which I'm actually going to make use of in my own games or that are very small edits which take only a few hours at most to write up.

A card system based from Final Fantasy's Triple Triad would be a much easier and less time consuming script to write (as it was originally only a mini-game and not an entire game system that was fundamental to the game itself). The Yu-hi-oh! card battle system is fundamental to the game, and so a lot of work and effort goes into. Far more than in TT anyway.

My advice is this. If you really want this system in your game, I'm afraid you'll have to do the hard work. If you can't script, you can use events. Almost anything that scripts can accomplish, you can do with events. The one thing that I've noticed recently, especially with VX games, is that people are getting more and more reliant on scripts that other's have written. Event scripting might be a more work for the game developers themselves but if you're going to make what I believe is a ridiculous amount of work for absolutely no gain (in the scripters' eyes) it's your only choice.

Apologies if this post is not very helpful for you. But I believe you are wasting your time if you are waiting for someone to come by a script this up for you. Not without an incentive anyway.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
Oh now i see it to that Morern said its complicated sry again....

Hmm than i first try it wirh Events if that isn't working i need to learn scripting.
yeah i know what you mean iam a beginner and know this problem with looking for Scripts,
but thats only when i dont know if somethink is working with events alone but if i can do this its ok and maybe it is a waste of time but its a big project for me you know first it sould be a single player game and after sometime when the Game is realy good it sould become a network funtion but first i must look i i can make this with events

But i thank you for your Time and for writing here this Topic can be closed