RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Petition for a new RPG Maker

Rep:
Level 84
RMXP Unlimited has made a petition for a new RPG Maker. Our admin Marked has done some research about the popularity of the XP and VX programs. Sadly neither program has high Google search rates as 2k3. Now us members at Unlimited want a new RPG Maker program for computer use.

You can sign the petition here. You can also leave comments.

Click here
http://www.rmxpunlimited.net/petition

Disclaimer.

You don't have to be a member of the site to sign the petition. We are not forcing anyone to join the site against their best wishes.  :)

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I don't think the popularity of a program determines if you should use it or not, pretty sure that's the efficiency. Furthermore, what is bad about the programs? What do you want on the new program and why? What is wrong with using VX or XP?

And after looking at the petition, I doubt Enterbrain would take note of a paragraph that has spelling mistakes in it.

Should this even be in the Poster Board?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 01:22:07 PM by Welfare-Daddy Pacman »
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 84
I should have been more clear. We want a new RPG Maker to bring life back into the RPG Maker and its communities. Interest for the program has highly decreased over the years.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
That is true, but it doesn't require a new maker to be made. Activity in the forums isn't relevant to Enterbrain anyway.

Rep:
Level 71
Current project: Legend of Chaos (RMXP)
Actually, I believe that a new RPG Maker could be a good idea. There's quite a lot of features they could implement into it, like these:

-Being able to customize sprites in the program, by selecting different hairstyles and colours.
-Battlers that generate along with these custom-made sprites, with the option to pick different poses.
-A feature that allows the program to determine loop points for imported music files.
-The ability to make maps with all textures in the game at once, instead of being forced to select a tileset.
-<Insert other ideas>

Then again, I suppose the chances of this actually happening are slim... Though I could always add it to the comment, I suppose.  ;)
Current project: Legend of Chaos (RMXP)

Progression
Story: 13%
Characters: 25%
Classes: 25%
Map: 0%
Demo: 0%

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009
Well, it's worth a try and it would be awesome if they made a new RPG Maker or just translate RPG Maker DS for us. I doubt if they'd really do something if you get a lot of names, but hey, why not.
  - 

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
No offense, but I sincerely doubt that a simple petition is going to do much anything at all. If Enterbrain of Japan decides to start a whole new project and create a brand new version of RPG Maker, they are more likely to do so while looking at potential profit rather than interest in building online communities. Now, if you were to have a formal, professional petition for translating the RPG Maker DS to English with as many signatures as you wish to reach with your current one, you might convince them that there is some profit and merit to be made in doing so. But otherwise, I'm not seeing this going much anywhere. I'll still sign it though, if you like.

As for interest in RPG Maker communities, I think that has more to do with the community itself rather than the RPG Maker. Many of our own members here on RMRK no longer use RPG Maker at all, but are still around because of the friends they've made here. Just something to think about.

Rep:
Level 71
Tear Down the Wall!
I signed in hopes for a 3D RPG Maker that is like RPG Maker 3 for the Playstation 2.  It looks more realistic.  Plus it would be cool to have a 3D Graphics rendering program included or built in.
coming soon to a pc near you

Rep:
Level 84
No offense, but I sincerely doubt that a simple petition is going to do much anything at all. If Enterbrain of Japan decides to start a whole new project and create a brand new version of RPG Maker, they are more likely to do so while looking at potential profit rather than interest in building online communities. Now, if you were to have a formal, professional petition for translating the RPG Maker DS to English with as many signatures as you wish to reach with your current one, you might convince them that there is some profit and merit to be made in doing so. But otherwise, I'm not seeing this going much anywhere. I'll still sign it though, if you like.

As for interest in RPG Maker communities, I think that has more to do with the community itself rather than the RPG Maker. Many of our own members here on RMRK no longer use RPG Maker at all, but are still around because of the friends they've made here. Just something to think about.

I've noticed at some communtites that people no longer use the programs. Sadly not many people are replacing the developers who have left the RPG Maker community. Interest in the programs has fallen over the years.

Rep:
Level 83

I've noticed at some communtites that people no longer use the programs. Sadly not many people are replacing the developers who have left the RPG Maker community. Interest in the programs has fallen over the years.
Well it comes with the general decline in RPG interest.

Rep:
Level 71
Tear Down the Wall!
I think it's the turn based fighting scheme that is boring to most.  Now that RPGs are getting away from that, the RPG Makers need to get away from that or at least provide the option and not make people have to script it.
coming soon to a pc near you

Rep:
Level 91
it would help if the makers they made (IGM) weren't complete and utter shit, that's what killed the english rm market

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Albeit not by Enterbrain, this is actually already happening over at chaos project. It's called the ARC and it's coming into fruition very quickly. They're already organising an RTP (which I only mentioned because I'm writing music for it :3).

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
ForeverZero just posted a link to it ahaha. Seems like Blizzard's still doing work.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Blizzard is actually very active on this project. Over this easter break he's planning to do a metric fucktonne of work on it. Yes, Blizzard's actually doing something.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
ITT: "Our forum doesn't have members and its the program's fault."

Rep:
Level 91
LET'S ALL MERGE TOGETHER INTO A SUPERFORUM, THEN IT WON'T BE DEAD

YEAHH

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
Guys ITS CALLED STENCYL

Rep:
Level 82
If you want to create a simple flash game its called that, otherwise I'm not impressed with it.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
If you want to create a simple flash game its called that, otherwise I'm not impressed with it.
because there's so little you can do with it. :V maybe check out some of Irocks games, they are pretty fucking impressive.