RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Game Theory and Paradoxes

Rep:
Level 71
Tear Down the Wall!
Hi all! :)
I had started a number of game projects in the past that just got to grandiose for me and the group that has now lost track of each other.  It was an old RPG maker group using, you know what versions.  Anyways I wanted to get back into it.  I have bought both RMXP and VX as my name entails.  I thought I needed two I guess.   :))

The ideas I have come with some of the things I've been studying.  Using ideas behind choices and puzzles involving logic and the sorts.  But what really got me into this again, is my recent obsession with the Aveyond series.  Though I have only played the Darkthrope Prophecy first now I am playing the first one, that isn't as good as the last I played.

I thought if they could sell a game using RMXP so could I.  Yes I know, it takes a large group of people to make something like "Aveyond".  I figured I better get practicing making my own, plus learn programming.

I'd love to share with you what I am working on, once I get something worth sharing.  I also want to thank all that have resources available for me to use.  I will try to keep track of what I use from here and other places so I can at least honor them.
coming soon to a pc near you

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Welcome to RMRK! I hope you enjoy your stay. It sounds like you have a lot of great ideas and I am sure you will fit right in.

If you are wondering what to expect in terms of forum moderation, feel free to consult the moderation policy stickied in this board.

Rep:
Level 71
Tear Down the Wall!
Thank you modern algebra for greeting me.  I have read the policy. :)

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I like you. Welcome. You've made me want to download Aveyond again though. :mad:
Enjoy your stay, and keep away from the Sewers if you fancy your innocence.
Hey modern, I like your new ava/sig set. I liked the piano though.
Lightning's cool.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Howdy, welcome to RMRK... and i'd listen to pacman if i were you. just sayin :3

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Welcome! I look forward to seeing the games you develop. Though, if you plan on selling your game, I'd check with the authors of any resources you use first.

Rep:
Level 71
Tear Down the Wall!
Understood Pacman & IAMFORTE.  I assure both of you as a previous Forum RMx member and moderator I understand the issues.  I am only interested in ideas and game development not drama, but I am afraid I am far beyond innocence.   ;)  Although who can stand the bog of eternal stench?

@Irock;  I have no intention of selling other works at all.  I plan to learn to develop it all either by myself with small portioned games or by a group collective for a larger game.  But I see this not happening for some time until I fully understand the Makers, community, styles, expectations, and the gaming business.

Small steps:
  • Understand RMVXP
  • Learn Ruby
  • Play the communities best games
  • Observe everyone's actions and reactions
  • Find the strange attractors
  • develop upon all this knowledge
  • Make the ultimate game with a few exercises in between