RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Gaian Monsters

Poll

No Question

Invalid
0 (0%)
Invalid
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 21, 2011, 07:40:05 PM

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
*New Feature

Super-Monsters

When a Terramon becomes level 99 you can use a very-rare non-purchasable item that will turn them into a level 1 again however, it will also become a super version of them with different graphics and better stats. At level one the stats would be equivelant to a level 99 of the previous Terramon. I'm not a good scripter so I will need to make a request (not for the system for something I tried to make that this feature requires).

This sounds great but do you know how to do it?

I made a script request! I should check in on it >.>

1) Why don't you just learn eventing and scripting yourself? After all you are making a game
2) Why list it as a feature if you have no idea if it is going to happen :/

Sorry, but... it's the truth

I already know how to event, I'm currentley learning RGSS2, and I already have soembody making the script. I requested on OmegaDev in a shop. It's not the truth.  >:(

You don't need to go half way but it's not the very beggining when you learn that some evil guy wants to enslave the world.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I know how to do this with events (it's extremly simple) but I'm using dricc's actor clones so I CAN'T!!! The basic event commands can not do this because they can not edit the database. That is why I need a script. At first I thought I could do it with events but I can't. I can't use the script call either since actor clones can not change actors IDs or the original IDs. I also have A LOT more time until my game is finished and I haven't even come close to finishing the database. If you would check into to things that would be simple to figure out.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I ment if you checked the original post you would see dricc's actor clones and you would've known that I have a cloning script. After that if you checked the script's topic you would've found the script and you would be able to check it over and understand that I can not use events for the Super-Monsters.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
You ddin't ask you said I couldn't event

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
on this one, I side with infinitex... he's right, the whole point of having the list of scripts used isn't only for credit, but for support should an error come up that someone wishes to help with.

Although, in his request concerning his problem (which sparked Valdred's assertion that IX couldn't event), IX should have stated that he was using said script, and therefore eventing was impossible.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Alright, I'm usually one to join in with this, and I'm not trying to be a member mod, but Valdred, you don't need to have the last word. I actually do agree that if someone asks for help the person trying to help them should learn everything they can about the error, including scripts, systems, known problems, etc.
most game creators are happy to answer questions about their games.
So, can you tell me why I'm trying to save the world? I really don't feel like getting up and taking on big superpowers today. I need reason.
Nobody is going to check trough all your scripts and each of their topics (necessary because you never know which ones are relevant) when they can just ask instead. End of story
That's not true. I do that sometimes, it sames time caused by not checking things I could've. There's not much reason for why people shouldn't do all they can if they're offering help in the first place.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Infinite X, could you drop a few updates for this game? Because this whole topic is turning into a bundle of irrelevant arguments.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 12:09:17 AM by hiromu656 »

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Good idea.

^ Needs the last word.

on a more IX-related note, I think that you should make a new character type with the starting stats of the highest stats from the first class and have an event that simply asks if person x= 99 and changes them to level 1 with a message that basically says "______ has reached a new Tier~!" or something along those lines... I think I might be able to work it out on the how tomorrow or the next day...

EDIT: Ergh... I just read further into it and I realize you cannot get rid of the actors... sigh... Idk what to do...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 03:32:03 AM by Sashikinaroji »
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Code: [Select]
$game_party.remove_actor($game_variables[VARIABLE ID])
No?

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Code: [Select]
$game_party.remove_actor($game_variables[VARIABLE ID])
No?

ergh... I didn't think of that... Care to chalk it up to an off day??? Yeah, I just saw that you couldn't use the normal commands and assumed... so... yeah... I'm not too bright last night...

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I win. Don't worry, I've had a pretty lazy week. I haven't written any scripts at all. I've just been trollin', the usual.

Rep:
Level 84
You won't be folding stars.
It's probably an issue long past, but learning to do anything is a lot easier said than done on your own. I learnt most of my eventing/RGSS2 from a mixture of hassling people and initiative, and I started on RMVX at 12.

Infact, I think that applies more broadly to the topic, and to anybody who's ripping this guy's thing to shreds. It might not be amazing - hell, it might not even be good - but everybody starts somewhere. The fact that he's getting so much attention is probably a godsend in the first place, and this'll be a pretty influential point if he goes on to make other - much better - games in the future.
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Rep:
Level 84
I agree. But you have to learn to do it properly first, and as a more learned user of the maker, you shouldn't object to helping him outright, and tell him to 'learn to event himself'. I dunno.

Moving on; the game itself. You need to seriously work on your mapping, bud. Open, repetitive, blank space, when it comes to mapping on these of makers, is a huge sign of amateurism. Which does not look good. On the other end of the spectrum, clumping a map full of unnecessary crap doesn't work either.

The best tip I've seen being thrown around is that 'nature isn't symmetrical'. In real life, forests are not equally four squares long on either side with an exact width of six squares for a naught-but-grass path in between. Don't be afraid to make the edges jagged. Chuck some plants in there, too. Maybe a few twigs, or perhaps some logs somebody's left behind.

Secondly; look into getting a battlebacks script. They're not too hard to find; I use Synthesize's personally. The way RMVX creates the natural battle backgrounds is ghastly. This takes a lot of time to put into use properly, but using a tool like MWSnap, or even just knowing how to printscreen, and spending max 10 minutes organising a battleback - if you're copy-pasting from the maker - is a cheap trade-off for an infinitely better looking battle system.

You might want to look into getting an ATB or CTB system, too. As things are, the simple Tankentai SBS is pretty much an added on requirement for RMVX. I find it too... static. Again, your call on all of this. Just my input on the whole thing.
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Rep:
Level 84
Then that was a misconception on my part. What's the point of arguing about this, anyway?
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
@Valdred

I understand where your coming from, but the script name "Actor Clones" seems like enough to tell people that this script edits the database, which normally can nt be done. If the script could be set up to do the Super-MOnster feature (with some work) then I still wouldn't because it would takes hours of eventing. I'm a pretty godo eventer but I try to keep my events small without lacking any functionality.

@Sky_Of_Order

Your first post was exactley hat I was trying to say, however with your next post... it was the same problem as valdred. In the screenshots you can see that I'm using Tankentia SBS ATB. I understand in the credits I didn't put ATB but it's just best if everybody checks out the full thread before replying. I've done something similar on OmegaDev with a script and got ripped on for it (The script was posted in an atatchment but not in the OP and I didn't download it). Again I just ask that everybody reads the full thread.

@ Pacman and Sashikinaroji

It's not possible to use dricc's actor clones and super-monsters with events. That's why I requested a script for super-monsters. I asked that it would be compatable with Actor Clones and provided the script.

I understand your both trying to help but you have to use the script to fully understand it.

@Hiromu656

I wish I could add some updates but my last update was a few days ago and I've been working on a request for a title screen somebody made on OmegaDev (GFX Cream Request) so I haven't been able to make any progress.

@ Valdred (again)

When you posted I was just about to post my reply and it asked that I read your reply. You haven't answered any questions for me. Infact, you've done the opposite. You've provoked more questions for me whioch I have just answered. As you can read above, if you don't care for my game, you can flame and spam another games topic.

Rep:
Level 84
Your first post was exactley hat I was trying to say, however with your next post... it was the same problem as valdred. In the screenshots you can see that I'm using Tankentia SBS ATB. I understand in the credits I didn't put ATB but it's just best if everybody checks out the full thread before replying. I've done something similar on OmegaDev with a script and got ripped on for it (The script was posted in an atatchment but not in the OP and I didn't download it). Again I just ask that everybody reads the full thread.

Then it was a mistake. Don't patronise me, I read the entire thread and I'm running on 3 hours of sleep here, and I'm trying to help you at the same time. I'm sorry for overlooking something, but it happens.
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
The Title Screen should in no way halt your game's progress. Just do that later.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Looked at the screenshots and I really hope that Kyogre is a nickname, else your going to get a lot of flame. Going to agree with sOO and say that your mapping is a bit bland, and that you could probably improve on that.

Storywise, game seems a little to very cliche, even the name Terramon suggesting something akin to Poke/Digimon, though I assume people have adressed this issue already.

Also, how exactly does the catching system work? I played the demo for laughs and found that I the orbs didn't do anything on the goo (I assume the goo is a Terramon).

Rep:
Level 84
Dude, it's a Kygore, get it right.
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
All we need to do is figure out how where he is storing the variables for levels on the clones and have them check that array for the value "99" if it is "99", then you would have a menu come up saying what's up and everything...

I don't know how to do this, but I am trying to find out... I just need to take a deep, long look at this script, however, since it is nearly 100 degrees out right now, i am going to spend this beautiful day in the pool from hence forth.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I'm sorry if I offended some of you with posts when you didn't pay full attention for what ever reason but I keep getting the same things in nearly every post.

I just ask that if your going to say the same things as nearly everybody else, please don't.

I'm accualy going to start on the game again. I'm also posting a Poll with a very important question! It's about the capture method.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
That's not what I'm talking about. I mean everybody saying it's like pokemon because on RPGRevolution I just a few hours ago post a reply on my topic that was about as big as 3 or 4 paragraphs explaining the differences between pokemon and terramon.

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Yeah, right...  ::)

Only two people have mentioned pokemon since page 3... one of them is you.

EDIT: And since you named one of your guys after a pokemon (or had an extremely bizarre coincidence), Sky and Cozzie don't count.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
* You just changed the first syllable of the name
A-hem! I demand a recount.
po-ke-mon
ter-ra-mon

Rep:
Level 84
That's not what I'm talking about. I mean everybody saying it's like pokemon because on RPGRevolution I just a few hours ago post a reply on my topic that was about as big as 3 or 4 paragraphs explaining the differences between pokemon and terramon.

Wow. THREE PARAGRAPHS? That's elite, really.

Dude, seriously, a) don't let people get in your way if you want to do this, seriously. That's where I stand with all my games.
b) if you want other people to download it, three or four paragraphs is not going to convince them. Seriously, bud. It'd the truth.
c) WORK ON PROVING THEM WRONG. Make it different. Like how Monster Rancher is still a monster-capture game, but it's worlds different from Pokemon. Change the systems. And, honestly, I'd advice changing the name too.
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.