RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Databasing

Rep:
Level 83
I have been developing a web site for my local library, and for the teen page, we decided we wanted an online book review thing. Which means I need to have a database for it.
That wouldn't be a problem if I had learned about databases while learning Python/Java, but I didn't.

I have no clue where to start, or what database to use. Can you guys help me out?
What I need is something that
  • Works well with PHP (Heard MySQL is good)
  • Can be easily edited by the librarians. (Think, not tech savvy at all)
  • Has many tutorials/documentation so I can learn. (If you know any good ones, can you tell me?)

Thanks for any, and all, support you guys give me. :)

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
For learning about how to design a database I have heard that Beginning Database Design: From Novice to Professional should be good.