RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Maker3D

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
I too had similar issues.

I certainly don't have a Cadillac of a laptop, but it's not trash.  I was unable to do much of anything due to the crazy lag it caused.  I really hope you are able to improve this program further, it's really intriguing.  In the mean time... where's a better computer? Maybe I have one somewhere.

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
bluntsword, D&P3: o hai

actually, the graphics driver is what eating your cpus. so i cant do anything with it.
but maybe turning maker to low graphics mode helps a lot (maker3d menu on the upper panel on right side.)

if you have 2 gbyte ram, a two-core computer, and a modern gpu that is listed on the webpage, there should be no problem with the response of the operating system.

btw windows can force the priority of the application, control alt del, right click on engine.exe, priority: below normal.

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior

sorry, there was an issue with the webpage, it was not available for a frew days at all. now i have fixed the problem.

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Well, I don't know how the steam suggestions work, but I guess you should send it there, because there you can buy it with Pre Paid Cards and that makes it for more people interresting. ;)
But it looks really interresting and I surely will give it a try. ;)
And I can say after some trying, I don't know how to make characters, objects or even setting textures to the ground.
And I really want to appriciate, if there would be simple scripting and commands like there is in RPG Maker Series. ;)
But my biggest concern is the performance, I got at best rates 15 FPS and I got these System Specifications:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ with 3,22 Ghz
6 GB DDRII-800 RAM
Zotac GTX650Ti with 2GB GDDR5-RAM 128bit DX11
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
So I guess my PC isn't that bad. ;)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 01:20:58 PM by Miriam Blutleer »

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
hi.

-there is some performance drops with some drivers, try a different one, that maybe will help.

-you can create the character after entering to the script editor. there you click on load_model, and there you can find the character generation tool (right side of the panel)

-you can pain the ground texture by clicking its icon below the colorer tool - it will switch the brush to texturing mode, there you can select the texture to paint also

Rep:
Level 43
hi.

-there is some performance drops with some drivers, try a different one, that maybe will help.

-you can create the character after entering to the script editor. there you click on load_model, and there you can find the character generation tool (right side of the panel)

-you can pain the ground texture by clicking its icon below the colorer tool - it will switch the brush to texturing mode, there you can select the texture to paint also
1. Thank you, but even after switch to AMD Athlon and GTX250 (I think it's the closest one to the GTX650Ti) I only get 15 FPS in test play. But the same happens in games like GTAIV so I guess my CPU is to slow. ;)

2. & 3. Thank you, that works fine after your help, well wasn't that hard as I thought first. ;)

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
since you have this issue with multiple game software, maybe your mainboard driver is missing, or broken.
that can limit the transfer speed of the io system, limiting the communication speed with gpu, that result fewer fps.

Rep:
Level 43
since you have this issue with multiple game software, maybe your mainboard driver is missing, or broken.
that can limit the transfer speed of the io system, limiting the communication speed with gpu, that result fewer fps.
Well, the mainboard drivers are from Windows 7, because this mainboard I got isn't Windows 7 combatible. ;)
The CPU is really slow, it lags in GTA IV and Minecraft.
The others like Crysis Warhead, Resident Evil Revelation works fine. ;) (\s/)

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
Bug workaround:

Bug when loading some types of .wav file format: some newer audio collection sites and some newer audio editor softwares started to use 48 khz audio file format to export or save they audio. Maker3D does not support 48 khz audio files. Maker3D supports 44 khz, 22 and 11 khz formats, but not 48 khz (yet). Please convert your audio files to 44 khz, before using them in Maker3D.

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
Bug workaround: buggy jpg encoders

Some newer websites and applications (such as GIMP) started to use a new jpg compression algorythm, which is not compatible for some unknown reason.

If the engine fails to load the jpg file, the texture will be missing, and the part of the model which contains the buggy jpg file, will be white.

I tried the latest version of the jpg decoder i use into Maker, but it not solved this, so i cant do anything with this problem.

Solution:

Save your image into a different format (like png), and if you wish, save it with another painting application into the jpg format. jpg files saved by mspaint, kolourpaint, xnview are usually good.

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
WebMoney payments are now accepted, but only if PayPal is not working from your contry/bank.

However, i dont want to standardize these kind of transfers, therefore this is available only privately, only for your REQUEST.

This payment method is only setted up to sell my softwares, if you are located in a nation where PayPal is not available, for example:
-Russia
-Ukraine
-Iran
-Belorussia
-People's republic of ... Fuckistan, whatever

Contact me in skype, if you want to pay with WebMoney.

Rep:
Level 43
I think you should increase the performance a bit, because my PC is sure not the worst, but I get 20 FPS maximum on 1024x768 windowed mode. O.o
Fullscreen I still not found, common commands like "ALT & ENTER" or " STRG & F" doesn't seem to work. :/ (\s/)

My system specifications:
System Specifications:
Windows 10 64 bit Technical Preview
LC Power 550w
AMD FX 4130 3,8 GHz ~ 4,21 GHz
8 GB DDR3-1866 RAM
ZOTAC Nvidia GTX 650 Ti:
GPU Clock 941 MHz ~ 1100 MHz
Memory Clock 1350 MHz ~ 1750 MHz

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
Trixie: the reason of the slow operaton is probably due to the too many opengl API calls.
there is an ongoing enhancement to change the opengl api into software rendering, however, it looks too ugly now, and its even slower than the opengl (it only fixes the compatibility problems. )

---------

Dear future customers, euro is not accepted any more, all price is changed into USD due to economic reasons.

Rep:
Level 43
I got a CPU load of only 45%, RAM load of 30%, GPU load of 10%.
So not really close to the limits. ;)
I actually can't say how to look at OpenGL API call's and how many are running. :D
But if I run Eurotruck Simulator in OpenGL mode, I still have 60 FPS, so no FPS drop at all. :/
I put the graphiccard informations in the attachment. ;) (\s/)

I get this issue under Windows XP x86, 7 x64, 8.1 x64 and 10 TP x64 now, so not from the operating system either. :(
The only thing I can try, if it runs better on a ATI HD 4850, so it's a problem with NVIDIA itself. :D /)

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
Trixie: you only get 100% cpu usage, if your cpu is being used on multiple threads. Maker3D is not able to use multiple threads, becouse when the base engine was designed, there was no such things popular. There is only a few place, where Maker3D can use threads.

Also, these own-freelancer-designed 3d engines, like the engine used in maker, is always low-optimized and demanding much higher resources compared to these more professional engines. I started to design that 3d engine in 2006, so it will not scale properly any more. Its not possible to significantly optimize it in any more, it needs to be fully rewritten.

However, in the future, i decided to switch my products to use software rendering instead of 3d acceleration.

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
Now i accept Dogecoin payments for all of my software: for Maker3D too.
Anybody can get Maker3D for only 15000 Dogecoin.

(Dogecoin is a cryptomoney, like Bitcoin or Litecoin)