RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Jailbreak iPod Touch 4.2.1

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I got a new iTouch from a raffle. How does one jailbreak it ?_?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 01:44:26 AM by ahref »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Go to jailbreakme.com from your iPod browser.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
ily Holk you're always there for my electronic hacking needs 8D

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
My iTouch came as 4.2.1 and jailbreakme.com only supports up to 4.0.1, and all the stuff I find for iTouch 4G jailbreaking is tethered which is gay >>

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Yep. You're just going to have to wait. I don't recommend downgrading.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I just did greenpois0n. k I guess things are good P:

Rep:
Level 94
You're going to need to use the source: hackulo.us, and download the package called installous. That will let you play downloaded games.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yep yep thanks! Cydia and whatnot. Everything works great. :)

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
if you add hackstor to your sources in cydia you can get a bunch of cracked stuff.  for example snes4iphone without being forced to pay for a port of an opensource emulator or being forced to install rockapp packagemanager (the guy who did the app is a certified scumbag)

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

you can even sftp your save games from zsnes along with the roms so you don't have to start over :likeaboss:

time to get all my old roms offa my laptop B)

Rep:
Level 94
iPod emulation is kind of lame, but if you don't have a DS or PSP, I guess it works.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero

you can even sftp your save games from zsnes along with the roms so you don't have to start over :likeaboss:

DAMMIT MY RESOLVE IS BROKEN

I haven't wanted an i-product since the original fucking iPod came out but DAMMIT I WANT ONE

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Game emulation was the reason I jailbroke my iPod Touch back in 2007. I hated the onscreen buttoms.

Rep:
Level 94
Yeah, the buttons are really lame. I need tactile feedback. Plus, iPod emulation is really primitive compared to other forms.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award

DAMMIT MY RESOLVE IS BROKEN

I haven't wanted an i-product since the original fucking iPod came out but DAMMIT I WANT ONE

You can also get NES, SNES, Gameboy etc, even PlayStation (though you'd need a more expensive recent dual core phone) emulators for android. I'm currently playing through pokemon crystal on mine :)

« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 11:09:06 AM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

Virgin 4 Lyfe
Rep:
Level 72
RMRK Junior
Is there a jailbreak for 3.56 PS3? or 3.60? Thanks in advance

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
1. this is about mobile devices. unless you mean PSP

2. you must mean psp or you're an idiot.

I guess I Agree on the tactile feedback, I'd certainly not try playing street fighter or something with it and platformers are a bit of a bitch. but it's just fine for rpg's specifically earthbound and Chrono Trigger. I couldn't be happier with it.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Maybe if you look in the options there's one for haptic feedback? So on a press there's a tiny vibrate? I have that enabled everywhere, I can't live without it now.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 94
Haptic isn't the same as tactile.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
mine's an ipod so no haptic either.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I guess I Agree on the tactile feedback, I'd certainly not try playing street fighter or something with it and platformers are a bit of a bitch. but it's just fine for rpg's specifically earthbound and Chrono Trigger. I couldn't be happier with it.
Yeah, I bet it's not as bad for something like Earthbound or Pokemon. Though, I wouldn't want to play a game that way when given the option to play it on a DS or PSP.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
then again there's the whole one more goddamn thing to carry around issue. if i had a ds and i wanted to play chronotrigger, i'd probably still play it on my ipod because i carry that around anyway.

Rep:
Level 94
But the DS version of Chrono Trigger is much, much better than the SNES version.