RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Jailbreak iPod Touch 4.2.1

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
how so, isn't it just a port of the psx version, so really all it has is the cutscenes? if they overhauled it in some stupid way i don't want it anyway.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Its the same basic game, but it fixes all of the bugs that were left in the SNES version. It also has like 4 bonus dungeons, ultimate weapons & armor, and extra features. Its retranslated, too, and the new translation tells the full story. There was a lot left out and skipped over in the original, but the DS version restores all of that. Another thing that it has is a new ending that shows the ties to Chrono Cross, if you didn't know those already.

I didn't think it was going to be a big change when I first got it, but after playing through it twice (New Game+), you can really see the improvements.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
oh great, a retranslation. I fucking hate those. they invariably fuck something up and either shit on a line you liked or something like that. I doubt it's really that different.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Its better than the first. Ted Woolsey was a hack, and just made up half of what was going on.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
yah I think someone who's actually played both the SNES and DS version would know if the DS one is better over someone who hasn't touched the DS version and played through it.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I really didn't notice that much of a difference between the two translations.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
seriously though besides a few stupid things like the fact that when they're in the ancient past they drink alcohol but it was changed to something else, what is really different?

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
He was right about the extra dungeons, items, and bonus stuff.

They're kind of horrible, though. Incredibly long and drawn out, and not that fun.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 94
I don't really care if you play it or not. I like it more.