RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Dethroned Recruitment Topic

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
Dethroned Recruitment Topic
Well, I'll try to be as brief and as informative at the same time as I can get.

Basically, I have recently begun a RMXP project that is, for now, called Dethroned. The story details are still prone to change, but here, should you be interested, is a short summary of what I've got so far:

Spoiler for:
In the city of Sarilad, recently having been annexed from the kingdom of Sedhalia by the rival kingdom of Dhasallia, tension is rising. As after many wars, chaos reigns, and trouble is brewing. It is now that you shall make your future, for weakness provides opportunities you can find nowhere else - in this chaos, more windows are open than closed. But yet, when the city's streets run red with blood, is it that simple to not get your hands red as well?

Some details on gameplay follow.

Spoiler for:
You will be able to affect the world of the game notably - virtually nothing you do is done without choice, and more importantly, consequence. Your character will have notable relationships with various other characters - they will approve or disapprove of each of your choices, things you say, generally your behavior and your decisions.

Your choices will be critical to the future of the game. It might seem that you chose a good solution to a problem and everything's fine, but you can be sure, it'll come back to bite you again - expect trouble when you least expect it.

Essentially, to really get this project started, I need only two more members to the team. I need a musician to write a soundtrack, and I need an artist who can make more complex, non-sprite images. As could be expected, the project is, as far as I am concerned right now, intended to be freeware and noncommercial - the possibility of selling it, however, is never put completely aside, but don't worry, I'll alert any people involved over any such changes, should they happen.

Further explanation of each position below:

Musician. I need a musician to write a soundtrack. I would prefer an orchestral, Lord of the Rings-esque sountrack, and I would like to hear some examples of your work should you apply for this position.

UPDATE: position now occupied by minimozart

Artist. This term might be a bit more complex. I need a person familiar with making graphics such as battler images, also modifying sprites sometimes to some extent. Similarly, I'd like to see some examples of your work.

If you'd like to assist in this project in some other way, just state so - I will consider if I need any help in that particular area.

CONTACT INFO
via PM here, Thurinn, of course
email: dovydaskuliesas_8@hotmail.com
MSN: dovydaskuliesas_8
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 07:36:42 PM by Thurinn »

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
Music Composer
Hi Thurrin,

I'd be quite interested in writing music for your game. Check out my blog - http://minimozartprojects.tumblr.com - for examples of my work. I'm sure i could create a Lord-of-the-Rings-esque soundtrack if you need one.

Hoping you'll be in touch

MiniMozart

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
minimozart, I was rather impressed by what I heard there. I'm going to write you soon enough with descriptions of tracks I currently need.