RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Portal 2

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Spoiler for Videos and URLS:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tax4e4hBBZc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tax4e4hBBZc</a>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal_2
IGN demo

Chell has been in statis for several hundred years while GLaDOS and Aperture Science has fallen into ruin. Now that I've told you everything that the first video will, watch this (if you can be bothered).
Spoiler for Co-op?:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A88YiZdXugA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A88YiZdXugA</a>

I will be getting this game. What are your views on Valve's next game (coming out in late April)?
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I already have it paid for, and I'm working the midnight release. I also called dibs on the P-Body and Atlas movie poster. So yeah, I'm pretty pumped. There's not much else to say until its out though.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
The Co-op strikes me as absolutely amazing. I watched all of the trailers, and I have to say that Valve have outdone themselves. I'd much rather an awesome puzzle game over another shoot-em-up game. I know that Half Life isn't just another one, but this game is brilliant.

A dilemma attacks my mind: Portal 2 or Achron?

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Well, since the two are completely unrelated, and have almost nothing in common, its not much of a dilemma.

Also, I find your assertion that "this game is brilliant" pretty sad. The game isn't out yet. That means that you've already shut off your mind to any possible criticism, which is never a good thing. Sure, it looks good, but there's no way to know if it is or not yet.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Well, that's what I meant, what you said. It looks very good. And I am open to criticism; should it arise I will listen and voice my opinion. I suppose we'll find out come late April, yes?

The dilemma is which one to buy. Probably this.

Rep:
Level 94
Get Portal. Achron is still in Beta, and will likely be so for a while. I have a feeling Achron will continue its meandering pace, just like Minecraft. With a game that has as many nuances as Achron, you'd be better off waiting until its as refined as it can get.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Good idea. Either way, neither of them are out yet, bar beta.
*Twiddles thumbs for one month*

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Oh hey, this thread's still here. This came out a while ago now. To avoid us plugging the other boards with our dribble about this game, post on this topic to say how cool Valve is. Valve are so cool, right?
Have at it!

Rep:
Level 94
Its a good game. There are some awesome plot twists that I never saw coming.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Agreed, like Wheatley doing the stuff that he does.
And GLaDOS turning into a potato. That made me laugh.
It's another hilariously psychopathic game, for sure. There's barely anything I can think of to make it better.
Aside from the ending song, of course.

Rep:
Level 94
The potato battery thing was amazing. Completely out of left-field, but still plausible and apt. I also loved seeing the robots in the campaign.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Despite my utter hate for Wheatley himself, I must credit the creators for such an original dimwit. I love the story behind him, but I kinda saw it coming.
Better than the original, dare I say it?

Rep:
Level 94
Eh, I don't even know. They had such different circumstances. The first one had the advantage of coming completely out of nowhere and blowing me away. The second one had the benefit of the whole Valve team working on it. It is, however, a nearly perfect sequel. It couldn't have existed without the first one, and the first one is made better in retrospect. If they hadn't already, Valve has now cemented itself as one of my favorite developers of all time. I suggest reading the iPad app called "The Final Days of Portal 2" now that you've finished the game. There's some awesome insight into how they came up with, and executed all of the new ideas. You can find a .pdf of it online.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Thanks, I'll look into that.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
this game was pretty much as perfect as a sequel can be. damn DAMN good. but then, it is valve. perfection is what they do.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I haven't even finished it, but
Spoiler for:
the defective turrets part
was the funniest damn thing I've ever seen in a game. I just sat there for a few minute to hear everything, and it was amazing.
But yeah, amazing plot twists, incredibly funny and clever. So far.

edit: oh, also,
Spoiler for:
the turret on the conveyer belt to destruction that says "I'm different!" almost made me literally roll on the floor, laughing.  I saved him, and he was thankful. :)

:tinysmile::tinysmile: