RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Available] Battle Narration System

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
RMRK Junior
Battle Narrator/Announcer
Monday, March 7, 2011

Summary
What I'm looking for is a Battle Narrator/Announcer that displays in text what the player or enemy did in-battle.

For example: "Meridith Sue used 'Perfectness'! +117 damage to Dr. Evil!", "Corrupt Politician used 'Empty Promises'! It did not work on the American Populace.".

Now, while they may have something like this around, what I would also like to have is to have a customizable message for some skills/weapons/defeats. You know, like: "The Wild Penelope became tame!" and "The Insidious Zombie sunk back into the earth!". I don't know if that is possible, but it would be extremely useful and add a better level of customization.

Features Desired
  • Narration of battle
  • Customizable lines in order to fit skills or attacks
  • Preferably a way to make it grammar ambiguous, (i.e. a/an) and also to compensate for multiples.

Games its been in
There are too many to count, and I'm not that well-versed in RPGs myself. However, the one I want it closest to is Earthbound.

Thank you for your help. Anything you know of that is either close to or can be made would be greatly appreciated.

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
RMRK Junior
Its been a while, so I'm assuming I can bump this. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
so basically just part of an earthboud script? i'm sure there's something that could be modified to work like this. maybe someone else knows of one.

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Grunt
I kinda look forward for this to become an actual script.  ;) I really hope this gets made.