RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Apple vs Droid

Rep:
Level 84
I'm getting a new phone. The plan is on Verizon no matter what, so what I'm looking at is either an iPhone 4, or a Droid X. Same price.

Go wild with opinions and advice and all sorts of stuffs. I don't know which one to get.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
When I upgrade and get my new phone from Verizon, I'm going to get a Droid.
But only because I plan on rooting it, and installing custom OS's and aps.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I've had Verizon since I first had a cell, but I'm leaving it now because of the iPhone. Not because the iPhone sucks or whatever, but because since getting the iPhone, Verizon has become more shitty than ever. I know you said you're sticking with Verizon, but I'd seriously consider doing what you can to choose a different provider.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
I don't see how people can't come to this decision on their own. Everyone has their own preferences and needs, and usually the best way to figure out which product is best for you is to do research and actually try them out.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
And part of that research is public opinion.

Rep:
Level 96
How exactly has Verizon become "shittier than ever?" I haven't seen/heard/noticed anything.

Rep:
Level 96
Me either, I'm with them too.

Rep:
Level 84
Yeah, I have been doing my research, and I've found pros and cons for both. I'm just getting public opinion. Maybe someone here has one of said phones and can give their two cents about if it's worth it or not.

Rep:
Level 96
Oh, I guess I forgot to mention...

I already have a droid, and already rooted it. It's an older model (the Droid Eris), but I still love it.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Yeah, I have been doing my research, and I've found pros and cons for both. I'm just getting public opinion. Maybe someone here has one of said phones and can give their two cents about if it's worth it or not.
I prefer the iPhone 4. I'm now going to tell you why, and will only go into stuff that matters to me.

I find the whole experience (the operating system, the applications, etc) to be much more friendly, polished, enjoyable and consistent. I've had to opportunity to use the Droid X, along with a few other phones running Android, and they run choppily/unresponsively when zooming and doing other gestures, the interface leaves something to be desired, and it doesn't even come close to iOS in polish and attention to detail; not even close to my first generation (2007) iPod Touch running iOS 3. I could write paragraphs about this if I had an Android phone right next to me. You're also getting the largest application store there is with iOS, which is much larger than what you'll find on Android. The iPhone 4 also has a vastly superior IPS display which is at a higher resolution and provides more pixels-per-inch. I also hear the iPhone 4 produces superior videos with its rear facing camera. The iPhone 4 also looks beautiful.

I've used iOS devies since 2007, and they've never let me down. I don't really care for HDMI-out ports, SD card slots, toasters and Flash- it's all useless to me on a mobile device. I care about the polish, the attention to detail, how elegantly the device works, the ease of use, the applications and so on and so forth.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Verizon is shittier than ever because on top of all the dead zones and dropped calls that I've had for the past 6 years, and on top of the shitty .brew file system that they used, now that the iPhone is out, they're dropping a lot of the features that they've had since the beginning. The big one for me is that they're no longer doing a new phone discount when you extend your contract, or when two years have gone by. I'm just going to end up getting a windows phone. If you like the iPhone, then there's nothing wrong (aside from the dead zones, but that's relative) with having Verizon. If I was going to stick around, I would definitely get a Droid, because Android phones are much more hacker-friendly than iOS phones. That's not to say that you can't do cool things in iOS, but for what I like to do, I want something that's virtually completely open.

Rep:
Level 96
Woah, WHAT? No new phone discount? I've been hanging on to this piece of shit because I'm supposed to get one in June- my mom just fucking got an android at the end of last year!

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I'd go with android, since you are free to do pretty much whatever you want with it. Since it supports Micro SDHC cards also, you can put tons of extra storage on it and also use it as your music player.
bringing sexy back

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
>don't care about sd slots
>care about usability
irock all you want is a firm tug from jobs

Rep:
Level 96
>care about usability

I laughed

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
also
>make things less useful to the end user
>charge more
>?????
>Apple!

Rep:
Level 102
>care about usability
I never need to use more than the internal flash memory on the least expensive model. Problem?

Maybe you want an SD card slot in your phone. Maybe you prefer the Droid X for one reason or another. Cool. That's the beauty of capitalism; there are many different phones from many different companies you can choose from. There's no "one size fits all," and one person's set of needs and preferences aren't universal. That's something a lot of you guys don't seem to understand. You seem to think what you prefer is best and that everyone who prefers something else is wrong. That's not true. :)

Now, this thread isn't for bitching about someone else's thoughts and then throwing around insults. Try to act mature!

Rep:
Level 96
Actually, you're right, there's not such a thing as one size fits all.

Which is why ports and card slots are great. So you can make things bigger just in case.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
Droid is actually moving faster than iOS imo, So going for that once im rid of this iphone which is like another year :P

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
row row fight the apple.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 70
need help with iphone game
i heard from somewhere that iphones break easier than droids, but iphones have better apps and things
currently making: iphone game

TIPS NEEDED!

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
You know that iphone is a specific line of 4 devices, and that phones running android number in the hundreds, right?
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 94
Here in the US, there is a phone called the Droid, Roph. It is an HTC phone. i heard that from somewhere apps and things

Rep:
Level 102
Eh, I just call phones by their actual names. My phone isn't a san francisco, it's a ZTE Blade.
bringing sexy back

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
You know that iphone is a specific line of 4 devices, and that phones running android number in the hundreds, right?

That's not really a good thing for developers though :/
It's not such a bad thing with computers and Windows, due to the huge amounts of hardware resources available for them, but on a mobile platform it becomes a serious issue when you can't be sure if an app is going to run on more than just your testbed device.

(NAM is not taking sides, just pointing out something)

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon