RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Having problems with changing battle music for boss battles.

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
RMRK Junior
     Hello there, I'm relatively new to using RMVX.  I've been having problems recently with changing the battle music for boss battles.  It used to be working fine, but something happened recently and I'm not sure what.  But every time I enter the boss battle, the usual minor battle music starts instead of the boss battle music. 
     I've gone into "Database", then "System" and changed the music for the Battle sequence to the minor battle music.  And then (still in Database) I went into "Troops" and went to the "Battle Event" area.  The Condition is still set to "Don't Run" but I don't know if that matters at all.  Especially because I have most of the boss battles set as "No Escape" battles.  I haven't had much of a chance to mess around with the script part of it yet, but I'm willing to try.
     If anyone has any ideas please let me know, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you!  :)

pokeball XIVOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 72
RMRK Junior
Actually, the "Don't Run" part of the battle event editor refers to running the event itself and not to the party escape command in battle. What you should do to have a different boss battle music is go to the event editor of your boss event (NOT the database) and simply insert a "Change Battle BGM..." command (3rd tab, System Settings) before using the "Battle Processing..." command.

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
RMRK Junior
Thanks, I'll try that out.  Will it only change the Battle BGM for that 1 battle and change back automatically?  Or do I have to manually change it back to the standard Battle BGM?

pokeball XIVOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 72
RMRK Junior
You'll have to manually change it back to your previous battle BGM, yes.