RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Five Trends of Modern Gaming That Need To Vanish

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I'd agree with that.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
My main gripe with games nowadays is that they're all action/shooters with incredible graphics yet shallow game-play/stories.  All being used liberally, I know there's still good games out there, but there's too many copycat shit games, franchises being run into the dirt, and short substance-less releases.

INTENSE GRAPHICS!
SO REAL!
LOOKS BETTER THAN REALITY!

We fucking get it, we can make it look nice, now how about some goddamned substantial content to go with it.

Also there's just two reasons why RPG's are dying.
1.) The target market is no longer the average 20-30 gamer, it's the 15 year old whose balls haven't dropped yet, and all they want is guns and explosives.  The market in America is all focused on action and pewpew because we simply can't get enough violence and iron-sights shooting.

2.) Since the good RPG's are so few and far between, they're easily missed, and drift into obscurity.  Occasionally good ones are created and get the fame they deserve, but that's not as often as it used to be.

edit: also PRO BLACK OPS GAMING GLASSES
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 12:42:03 AM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I liked how they put a ™ after gaming. Bet it took them all day to come up with "Pro Gaming". Better make sure no one steals it. :V

Also, I agree with everything you just stated. Hopefully now that there isn't too much to improve graphically, they'll eventually wise up. I mean, they have to eventually, right?

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Gaming has always been designed for 15 year old boys. That's nothing new.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
It's just that now we've grown up into complaining adults and the newest generation just wants to shoot stuff.

They see guns and freak out and tell their mommy that I neeeeed that game.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I don't only want to shoot stuff. I don't even like COD that much. The only game I've played within the last 3 months that had guns in it was Fable III. That's a stereotype, albeit an incredibly accurate one.
I have only played online console games like 3 times. Hate it. Single player or system link, that's it.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
1. You talk about kill death ratios because when it comes down to it, your level doesn't matter if you suck.
2. I agree.
3. I don't see anything wrong with it, nor do I see it to be a trend, it's more of a shooter thing to do.
4. Having the option for original dubs is something fans do. I got the newest Naruto game for 360 a while ago, I play with Japanese voices simply because it sounds better.
5. I agree and disagree. Yes, it does matter where you got the achievement points from, considering I rented sonic the hedgehog and avatar just to get an easy 2k pts on Xbox so I agree with that. But, Achievements for games that actually have difficulty, like getting Seriously 2.0 in Gears of War, that's impressive to me.
6. Indeed.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
seriously isn't impressive. it's easily glitched from what i heard. the fact you rented those or whatever just to get some points makes you a part of the problem with achievements. and judging from your response to the KD one you probably stroke your ego with it. Win loss. much more important. i don't care if you're 3/1 kdr if you usually lose because you're a selfish pratt. most of those faggots with high kdr play objective and don't go for the objective. whatever as long as those kids stay out of battlefield.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
You probably think I'm a Call of Duty fanboy. I play Battlefield, where skill and objectives matter, as there is only one deathmatch mode (which is very unpopular). And I'm sure I mentioned being apart of the achievement problem.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 10:55:51 PM by hiromu656 »

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
you're right, Battlefield IS superior.