RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Five Trends of Modern Gaming That Need To Vanish

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
1 - Talking about your kill/death ratio.
2 - Modded controllers: Why not just play a game with an automatic "win" button?
3 - Expensive headsets, or more realistically, thinking that having an expensive headset makes any difference.
4 - Undub culture: If you don't speak Japanese, how the fuck is this better?
5 - Playing games for achievements/trophies: That score is impressive, but all your points are from Disney games.

Special Bonus Sixth Trend!

6 - Parents who let their kids buy M rated games, and then complain to the government about kids buying M rated games. My favorite quote? "As long as there's no nudity."

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I agree wholeheartedly on all points, except maybe 4. I don't think there's anything wrong with watching/playing something with subtitles. Sometimes the English voice acting is pretty terrible. I will admit that the way people go on about it just sounds like elitism, especially if the dub voices aren't that bad.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Maybe I should've been more specific. There's nothing wrong with games using subtitles, its the mindset that the "undub culture" has, that you aren't playing the games the right way if they're not in Japanese. Its just weaboo bullshit.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
1) people being concerned with kdr is fucking pointless kdr means nothing if your w/l is shit, dumbass kids care about kdr. even then it really doesn't mean shit it's still just a game play goof off have fun, jesus christ.

2) this is a complaint almost EXCLUSIVELY applying to call of duty. besides that it's not that hard to shoot semi autos pretty fast it gives them a MINOR edge at best. ergo herp and also derp. if you seriously think you're getting stomped because of the controller back the fuck out, christ.

3) headsets are fucking awesome for immersion in game sounds. So what if some turbonerd uses it to hear your footsteps. see response to #1

4) where the fuck is that goddamn weeaboo shit. no one even thinks that except weeaboos seriously it's not even a major subset. certain games NEED language options I can't even tell you how many people in like central america and europe complained about the shitty redubs in like spainish and german and whatever else for fable and tons of other games but most of that is for originally English games that get translated because we shit all over our localizing. but where the fuck is this outside of final fantasy for "NEEDS JAPANESE DIALOUGE"

5) playing FOR achievements is stupid but going for them for fun is not stupid it's just another goal.

6) quit whining about teenagers playing games who gives a shit mute them or something.

Rep:
Level 94
I agree with pretty much everything you said, but I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say. None of these things effect me personally, they're just annoying trends. I don't play on Live unless I'm playing with friends, so there's that. I just work at a place where these things come up a lot. Specifically for #6, I didn't mean kids playing on Live, I meant kids playing games that are rated M. I mean, people complain all the time about esrb ratings and shit, but then most parents just don't care if their kids buy M rated games. Its not the kids that I have a problem with, its irresponsible parents.

Edit: Oh, and Call of Duty in general is becoming a trend that I wouldn't mind going away. Not that they're bad or anything, they're just too hyped.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
well shit I agree, but most of the wang gargling fuckers who bitch just don't want to have to play with younger gamers because "oh shit man they might be annoying instead of like muting them I'm going to troll all over everyone with a voice higher than mine by even a single octave. know what i mean bro"

that shit is insufferable, I give the little bastards a chance to be normal and hell I've ran into decent younger gamers before on live and like 95% of the time they get raged at even though they didn't do shit. I got matched up with this kid on halo one time; decent kid, cooperative teamate, but probably like 13 had a squeaky voice but wasn't an annoying cunt and every fucking match some dumb asshole'd join the lobby and be all "GET THE FUCK OUT KID WHY IS YOUR VOICE SO HIGH YOU SHOULDN'T BE PLAYING THIS GAME FUCK LIKE GOD DAMN GET OUT AUGH"

Rep:
Level 94
Yeah, that's worse than anything. Like I said, I gave up on the general Live community a while ago, and only play with people I know. If I do jump in a public game, I usually end up muting because of the exact reason you wrote. The only game that I've ever consistently gotten good public games in is Left 4 Dead.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
and as for call of duty stop being a big trend, have faith activision will run it into the ground eventually.

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
RMRK Junior
I agree wholeheartedly on all points, except maybe 4. I don't think there's anything wrong with watching/playing something with subtitles. Sometimes the English voice acting is pretty terrible. I will admit that the way people go on about it just sounds like elitism, especially if the dub voices aren't that bad.

Sometimes English voice acting is pretty bad, but unless you speak Japanese, all Japanese dubs are bad. The accents are atrocious.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I hate listening to Japanese dialogue- all of the characters sound the same to me. And all of the females sound like they're on a steady diet of helium.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

Sometimes English voice acting is pretty bad, but unless you speak Japanese, all Japanese dubs are bad. The accents are atrocious.

Objection! That's just your opinion. I personally like the intonation of Japanese. And it's really not hard to pick up a few words here and there if you watch enough.

But this is beginning to veer off topic a bit, I think.

I wish we could just get away from all the shooters for a bit. They've really taken over, and honestly, I don't understand why. I can understand if there's a decent story behind one, but to consistently play the same goddamn game in a different box is just stupid.

Rep:
Level 94
The truth is that weeaboos like to listen to Japanese voiceovers because the girls all sound like they're constantly having orgasms.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
you don't need to play shooters if you don't like them. frankly the big issue that is trending is that there are less and less turn based rpgs now. it is a dying breed. the last real good turn based game I saw come out was Blue Dragon.

Rep:
Level 94
That's fine with me, if less of them means we only get good ones. Lost Odyssey was great, too. And the Dragon Quest games.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 King of RMRK2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
After a while of Live, I just plugged my headphones in and didn't wear them. I don't normally talk during games anyway.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 King of RMRK2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
For the rest, yeah I completely agree. I like saying that I got a nice K/D after a really intense match or something, but I don't go into another game lobby and start shouting about my 21/20 rate or something. That's just stupid.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
why so doublepost, bro

Rep:
Level 98
Because I can
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 10:23:24 PM by Anski »

Rep:
Level 98
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 10:26:31 PM by Strike Reyhi »

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Wagglan. I don't like most wii games, six axis sucks, move is pretty much retarded except for time crisis esque games, and kinect is just bad. The only time's I've enjoyed using the wii mote is in No More Heroes for killing blows and Twilight Princess had a pretty decent control scheme.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
7. People/games that care more about mulitplayer rather than single player.
8. People who assume that being a girl gamer means you want nerdy choad.

Number 8 is a personal one. MW2 is unplayable with a mic for me.

Rep:
Level 94
Gracie wants nerdy choad. Lol.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
I most certainly don't.

Rep:
Level 94
I know, dear.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
What's wrong with favoring multiplayer? I personally like multiplayer games a lot more than single player games (usually) because there's more interaction and I'm able to play games with my friends so my social life isn't completely shot down the drain, rofl.