RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] The Project Zelda Engine (aka Zelda Starter Kit)! *With Downloads & Pics!*

Rep:
Level 82
I played the Song of Storms and my room flooded!
In case people want a list of items and weapons that have been added to the PZE so far, here is a list.

The list of all completed and functioning weapons in PZE:

-Slingshot
-Hyper Slingshot (WIP)
-Bow
-Fire Arrows
-Ice Arrows
-Light Arrows
-Bomb Arrows
-Boomerang
-Magical Boomerang
-Hookshot
-Longshot
-Bomb
-Bombchu
-Remote Bomb
-Super Bomb
-Powder Keg
-Bomb Flower (Work In Progress - WIP)
-Ball & Chain (WIP)
-Ocarina/Ocarina of Time & 22 Songs
-Deku Pipes & 14 Songs
-Goron Drums & 14 Songs
-Flute/Horseshoe Flute
-Magic Hammer
-Megaton Hammer
-Magic Beans
-Mushroom
-Magic Powder
-Pegasus Boots
-Book of Mudora
-Bug Catching Net
-Shovel
-Roc's Feather
-Roc's Cape
-Fire Rod
-Ice Rod
-Magic Rod
-Dominion Rod (WIP)
-Cane of Somaria
-Cane of Pacci (WIP)
-Seed Satchel (Some seeds are WIP)
-Seed Shooter (Some seeds are WIP)
-Rod of Seasons & 4 Seasons
-Harp of Ages & 3 Songs
-Lens of Truth
-Magic Mirror
-Lantern
-Magic Cape (WIP)
-Deku Nut
-Deku Stick (WIP)
-6 Bottles for storing content (such as fish, water, magic potions, small fairies, etc)
-20 regular Masks & 4 Transformation (Deku, Goron, Zora, and Fierce Deity) Masks (WIP)
-4 Swords of different size and strength
-3 Shields of different durabilities
-Bomb Bags & 4 Bag Upgrades
-Deku Seed Satchels & 4 Satchel Upgrades
-Arrow Quivers & 4 Quiver Upgrades
-Rupee Wallets & 5 Wallet Upgrades

* WIP means Work in Progress (it is not 100% finished)

This is the list of all weapons that currently are functioning in PZE! That's alot! These are all the items we managed to finish that far! And more to come ahead! :)
Create, Share and Play your own Zelda 2D games with the Updated Project Zelda Engine!
The official website here: projectzeldaengine.freeforums.net
Download it here: www.rpgrevolution.com
Download it here: www.rmrk.net
Download it here: www.rmxpunlimited.net
Download it here: www.creationasylum.net
Download it here: www.zfgc.com

Rep:
Level 82
As our team relaxed for the August summer vacations, and our real life duties (University's September examinations for 2 of us) we decided to look back at all the hard work we did this Summer, in preparation for our work this Autumn.

We are is proud to tell you that the resources of Project Zelda Engine are now... almost 4.000 Files and 150 folders!
Our team is working hard to supply the engine with as many resources, icons, scripts and charactersets as possible, for you to enjoy in the upcoming release of the Project Zelda Engine! There could be no true engine without resource packs!

Here, an example screenshot of the PZE's stunning ammount of resources, for you! It is taken from the PZE's Icons Folder! 

Warning: it is a LONG screenshot!

We worked hard to make sure you will be missing nothing from the final version of PZE! What do you think? Do you agree to have a resource pack along with the PZE? Or could you like to have them separated?
Create, Share and Play your own Zelda 2D games with the Updated Project Zelda Engine!

Rep:
Level 82
There was a hidden count-down timer feature in RPG Maker XP which was unused in the PZE. So, we brought it to the foreground and enabled it for the Project Zelda Engine, where it can be really very useful and in handy, such as in mini-games or running errands for the trading sequences in your Zelda games!

The count-down timer is positioned below the Magic Meter and has a blue/white clock symbol next to it:

Our team is working on it and we plan to make a use of the new feature in Mini-games or in trading errands in the existing demo maps of PZE, for you to try and test when the PZE comes out!

Rep:
Level 82
Happy new month everyone! :)

Our team has done some nice progress, especially on the tedious recreation of Link's forms, from 3D into 2D!

We are proud to announce that the Link's Goron form, from Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, which is also known as Goron Link, has been completed in Project Zelda Engine!

Some example screenshots of Goron Link in PZE!:

Here is a picture for size comparison of the Goron Link with the other forms of Link in Project Zelda Engine!

The Goron Link in PZE comes all the unique abilities from Majora's Mask - such as the powerful punch (melee range only) that can damage enemies alot, the roll ability, and Goron's back rock shield, and more!

Hope you liked him!

More info about the abilities, soon!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 11:15:16 AM by SilentResident »

Rep:
Level 82
Hello peeps! For this week, we are improving the Goron Link's anime sets, and we just started the spritework on Zora Link's form.

We fixed and cleaned some stuff in Project Zelda Engine, and we are making portraits for the items, the weapons and the masks, which are needed for display on the Message Boxes such as this:

Samples of new portraits made so far:

Remote Bomb:

Magnetic Gloves:

Magic Beans:

Iron Boots:

Blue Candle:

To note that the portraits of the items, are NOT icons - they are not used in the inventory menu - are bigger than the icons in both filesize and scale - and are for display on the "You got the X item!" messages.

it is a tedious work to enlarge the size of the icons and make them pictures without sacrificing the quality, but worth the effort!

Rep:
Level 82
With most bugs in the engine now corrected, it is our pleasure to announce that, within the next week probably, the new demo of PZE will be released to the public!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Possibly one of the greatest starter kits made for any of the RPG makers.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 82
The release has been postponed as the team decided to have the Goron Mask's form completed and the remaining maps finished, with all of the Goron Link's interactions ready before we release the PZE to the public.

With the team, we also decided that after the PZE is finished, we could release a "Map Pack" that will contain all Ocarina of Time and Oracle of Age-based maps that were present in the PZE's older versions but are missing from the PZE's newer version. These old maps need to be re-updated to fit with the last PZE core and system changes, and re-release them together, as a "Map Pack".

Here some pictures (click to zoom) of the old OOT and OOA maps featured in the old Project Zelda Engine:

OOT's Kakariko Graveyard:

OOT's Kakariko Graveyard:

Woodset Forest:

OOA's Lynna City:

OOT's Kakariko Village:

Hyrule Field:

Rep: +0/-0Level 40
I'm a vlogger in a band
If I was more excited I would explode.
Brandon Happened

Rep:
Level 82
Hello people, friends and fans!

As soon as everyone in our team feels that the engine is 100% ready, we will release the next demo to the public!

I still have some fixes to do on the Goron Link's animations as soon as I get my computer repaired from thunderstorm damage, I will be back on full work to finish the remaining Goron Link's stances and also address with our team's scripter some issues regarding on the monster Tektite, which is supposed to cause damage and hurt Link when it jumps onto him (but currently it doesnt). After we are fully satisfied, you will get the demo!

I apologize for the long waiting time, but we really want to provide you with a quality product. Thanks for your patience! :)

Our immediate priorities:
The Goron Form:

The Tektite's attack pattern:

List of many other features the new PZE's demo will bring to you:
Spin Attack - varied spin range, depending on your sword's length:

Particles System:

Finished Guard Detection System:

Big Rocks System:

Better Graphics for the horse, based on sources, but re-mastered and revamped.

Enemies with configurable AI - more info on them, soon!:

Many new map interactions such as Gossip Stones and switches, etc:

Bomb flowers:

Advanced Item Selections and Hotkey System:

And many other improvements, such as the complete demo sample of a world map, the chapters system, the organized text messages, the foreign language support and the ability to change the language of the game and its menus on the fly, and more!

Thanks for your patience! :)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 10:12:16 AM by SilentResident »

Rep:
Level 82
Happy New Year, dear people and Nintendofans! Our team has done some nice progress the Christmas and we are now presenting you the results!

The Pegasus Boots now are complete! This couple of shoes, now not only allows Link to dash, but also literally collides with environments and surfaces, to cause items fall from them! Literally, you can place a Book of your liking on the bookcase (in our case the Book of Mudora), just to dash onto it and take it back! We are very happy with the results!

Who didn't play the Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds? Well, most of us in our team didn't, sadly, as the Nintendo 3DS console remains very expensive, and therefore, any content we added from the A Link Between Worlds was either by watching Youtube videos, or with MetalZelda's help (lucky little devil, he always have money!)
The PZE's Dark World map can very well be renamed into Lorule!

From the A Link Between Worlds, we added a couple of stuff, as well as the Ravio's Rental Shop and the Item Rental System to the Project Zelda Engine!

And last, for the fans who for a long time have been waiting to see enemies in the Project Zelda Engine, finally we come with some samples of the XAS-powered combat system!

The Project Zelda Engine team wishes you have a Happy New Year 2014!

Rep:
Level 82
After an increasing amount of mails by the fans, we finally added a proper dismount button for Epona (originally, you had to use Ocarina or Horseshoe Flute to dismount, but now the dismount ability has been assigned to the Shield button (key 'Z' on PC keyboard) for easier horse dismount:

We also finally added the long-waited TMC tilesets to the Project Zelda Engine! Now the PZE users may use TMC tilesets to make their games, instead of these old and overused ALTTP tilesets that already come with the Project Zelda Engine!

Also various other minor fixes are applied to the PZE! :)

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 01:27:39 PM by SilentResident »

Rep:
Level 82
Hello people, sorry if there are no news for the PZE this month, as we are again busy in real life - the university examinations of February are taking alot of our free time - but we will resume work on PZE as soon as we get the opportunity!

Our goals for the next phase of the work on the PZE is to make the monsters as bug-free as possible, and apply Weapon-Based effects on enemies (Fire rod to actually cast flames the monsters, the Boomerang to make stars spin on a monster's head, etc)

We will be back soon with news! Thank you all for your understanding!

Rep:
Level 82
Hello everyone! Our team released a new demo of the Project Zelda Engine!

The Project Zelda Engine 4.3 is now out to the public!

Download Links:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zgukxgl9cr7p9c9/Project_Zelda_Engine_-_Version_4.3_(XAS_3.91)_-_Demo_3.rar

Our team got still a lot of work to do on the engine, and lots of features have yet to be added, but the basic stuff is now done!

We aim to finishing the combat system's elemental effects, the Ravio's shop, and implement more scripts to the engine, if possible.

But the people can now get a taste of the new features we added so far to the PZE, such as the new particle system, the improved inventory keymapping, the monster behaviors, and many new scripts, to the PZE! The new demo also is a stable version, with most of the bugs have been already routed out!

Hope you enjoy the demo!

Have a nice day!

Rep: +0/-0Level 36
PZE Designer
Hello Everyone,

I have some issues concerning the Zelda Engine Patch 4.3 ( XAS 3.91 )
& I hope, you can give me some advices :

1. No damage by touching enemy

After placing some Beam Traps & Blade Traps,
i realized, only Beam Traps will cause damage
to Link. Unfortunally not the Blade Tapes. The
Script of the traps will cause the execution of
"attack_on" , respectively "shoot_on" on Beam
Traps.

I also checked the toolbase, but the "Enemy"
settings are no significant. Both traps have no
actions and no other efficiencies.

I hope someone can give me some advices
how to fix this problem.

If you need help in your team to bring anthing
forward in PZE, so i would be very interested to
cooperated.

Thanks a lot ! :-)

NumeroUnoDE
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 07:34:41 PM by NumeroUnoDE »

RMRK Junior
WOW! Thank you so much for all the hard work! It makes it possible for me to actually create a fan game! :D Thank you and your team!  :V :) :)

Have you left anywhere in the engine a event to reset all hearts and weapons items and so on so that the hero starts with just 3 hearts?

Oh, and one more thing! Did you make any kind of Text message system code database for the zelda project?  I know hermes have one on their webpage but I want to keep it the same zelda style as used in the demo.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 11:18:41 PM by Marrabella »

PZE Designer
Hi Marabella,

for my knowledge, there is only one way to change
the number of heart container, the level of the magic
bar and also the items in the menu.

After opening RPG Maker and loading your project,
go to "Tools ---> Database". Afterwards you have to
click on the "Common Events". Now choose the entry
"GAME SETUP".

In this script you can change the parameters, there
are also commentars, which explain the seperate entries.

If you need further help, just write. :-)

NumeroUnoDE

PZE Designer

I really like to help people, but can anyone please
answer to MY question concerning the damage by
touching a blade trap ?

Thanks an lot.

NumeroUnoDE

RMRK Junior
Thanks NumeroUnoDE! That is good to know

But is there a explanaiton to why "link" starts with all the items and songs discovered?
Du I have to manualy remove each item in a autostart switch?

PZE Designer
Hi,

Yes. You have to remove manually the seperate entries on the "GAME SETUP" Script,
if you want a fully cleared game enviroment. In my opinion, you have to remove anyway
following parts :

Changes :

Change Parameters : [Link], MaxHP + 1   ---->  Number of hearts
Change HP : Entire Party, + 1                 ---->  Number of filled hearts
Change Parameters : [Link], MaxSP + 81  ---->  Level of the magical bar
Change SP : Entire Party, + 81                ---->  Level of filling for the magical bar

Deletes :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

# All items
$data_items.each { |i|
$game_party.gain_item( i.id, 1 )
}
# All weapons
$data_weapons.each { |w|
 $game_party.gain_weapon( w.id, 1 )
}
# All armors
$data_armors.each { |a|
$game_party.gain_armor( a.id, 1 ) }

# REMOVE TO CLEAR THE ITEM MENU
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

In addition to these steps in the tab "Actors"
you have to set the standard weapon, shield
and armor to "(None)".

Even in the "GAME SETUP" Script, remove the
assignment for the C Buttons, because there
is no item on the beginning. :-) :

----------------------------------------------
REMOVE :

$game_system.xas_item_id[0] = 8
$game_system.xas_item_id[1] = 24
$game_system.xas_item_id[2] = 37
$game_temp.refresh_hud = true

----------------------------------------------

Greets
NumeroUnoDE
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 10:09:09 PM by NumeroUnoDE »

RMRK Junior
Is it a good idea to make a rom with monsters you must kill before you can progress?

How can we add a varriable and a switch to the engine that makes you kill all enemies in the room before a door opens?
I tried to make a easy one myself but I cant find out where the enemies are coded and spesified like their movement, what they drop when they are dead and so on. Nice if someone could give me a pointer[/i]
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 12:10:39 AM by Marrabella »

Rep:
Level 71
Super Maker
Am I the last of the team still out here??? Can't find anyone? The PZE forum backup forum and RRR are gone. So get ahold of me if you're still out there!
The Maker of Battle Dungeons!!

Spoiler for Big ass signature, bro:
AbsoluteIce I finally say your Sig.

Get by 20 attack Dogs...seriously. I got 20 attack Dogs.

*Your signature was raped changed for taking up too much room.
~Sincerely, a staff member. That is all you need to know. That, and I am no one to be trifled with.

RMRK Junior
Hope you guys are still out there working on this project! I can help if you need resources, sprites and such. I am a good mapper too

My fan game based on this latest version of TPZE is making good progress. And I migh be able to release a short demo soon.

HELP: How do I switch off arrow, bomb, and magic, popup from shrubs and pots? ( so that I can controll that bombs dont pop up before bomb-bag.

HELP: How to make a new enemy?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 04:56:48 PM by Marrabella »

RMRK Junior
OKEY People! Listen up!

The http://p-z-e.net/ has closed down, due to lack of dollars. I want to get in touch with the owner so I can get that site up again. The Project zelda engine is a great project and it should not be abandoned this close to a stable release! It is a great resource for fans and creatives all over, and when this engine is complete, people all over are gona make their own zelda universes. And the possibillity of a really good zelda fan game showing up gets only bigger by the week.

Something happend with the old site where project zelda engine evolved. People missunderstood, could not find the new site and their old buddies. Lets get that back togheter for the greater.

Contact me if you share the interest in continue this work.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
What are you planning on doing? If there's anything I can do to help, I'd like to see this project continue.