RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] - Creating a certain item by using a spell/Item equirement for spell

Rep:
Level 72
RMRK Junior
Hello everyone,

maybe you can help me with another issue:
1st) I need help with a script/idea on how to create an item when I use a spell: let us say I use the spell "Crystallize Mana" I get a crystal that restores 100 MP in exchange for the spellcost of 120 MP

2nd) How to implement a script/setting to the game that checks if I am possessing  certain itms before casting a spell, e.g. if I wanne cst Doomwave it needs one "Evil Eye" and consumes it?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance :D

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
1)in you skills page, there should be something called common event, select 1. open common events in database, click it and add an event: change items, and select the item you want
btw, this is for XP. but i think you could also use it for VX
2) same thing but instead of change items, select conditional brach>
if player have item, charecter X force action> skill 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 07:26:55 AM by pokefan »

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Well there are ways to do it, one is to edit the script database (I'll have to check this out) or you can make the skill a custom skill and turn a switch on. Do the mp deduct and formulate the battle algorithms there instead. Afterwards play animation on the selected enemy and then have an item drop and turn the switch off.

I think there might be some scripts out there but I am not sure!

Rep:
Level 72
RMRK Junior
@pokefan: I tried that (I am using VX) actually nothing happend, or better I get the buzzer sound so it is not working properly. I will post the code snippet/scrrenies once I get home.

@Nessiah: I would appreciate it :) Thanks in advance :)