RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Synthesis Shop

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
Contestant - GIAW 9
I need a script for a synthesis shop similar to what is in final fantasy 9
i want it to be able to synthesize weapons and armors using other weapons, armors, and items; I want it to be a shop were you have to pay money for synthesizing
could someone please make me that script or if there is already one could someone please post a link for me
I have a blog now where I will be posting my scripts that I create.

My Favorite Animes:
    1. Full Metal Panic (all 3 seasons)
    2. Dragonaut the Resonance
    3. The Legend of the Legendary Heroes
    4. Spice and Wolf
    5. Rosario + Vampire

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
There is a simple mechanism featured on this site that will allow you to acquire that. It's in the very top right of the page, every page in the forum. It has the text, 'Search...' in it.
Seriously, I'm absolutely sure that this is here somewhere. RMRK usually has any script you can need, and the people are kind enough to help you out if it doesn't. Have you search the webs?
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Contestant - GIAW 9
Before you start being a dickhead why don't you use the search bar TO so you can see that there isn't one i checked by typing it in the search bar when i looked all i found was a script of item synthesizing that requires recipes and it it not a shop

My Favorite Animes:
    4. Spice and Wolf
    5. Rosario + Vampire

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Play nice, children.

@dartdaman - Actually, I think we do have one somewhere, so you might want to take another search, perhaps just for "synthesis" or "item creation" or something. I'll double check myself and post back if I find anything here.

@pacman - Don't be a dick. Politeness and discretion will get you far.

Contestant - GIAW 9
@Zylos i took another look and i still didn't find what i was looking for these are the keywords i used: synthesis shop, synthesis, synthesizing, weapon synthesizing, and item creation
i found things like item synthesizing its not really what im looking for because its not a shop, I also found other things like alchemy but it isnt really what i was looking for either.  I did find some things I might end up using, I was gonna wait a few weeks to see if anyone would make a script like that for me or maybe find one on a website i don't know about yet before i make do with what I did find

My Favorite Animes:
    4. Spice and Wolf
    5. Rosario + Vampire

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Can you give a better description of what you want the script to do for those who haven't played final fantasy 9. I as well couldn't find anything that matched what you wanted, so go a bit more in depth.

Do you mean that one weapon turns into another? Do you want specific materials to be required to create the item? Will recipes be required to make the item or will the shops already know everything that can be synthesized?

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
Can you give a better description of what you want the script to do for those who haven't played final fantasy 9. I as well couldn't find anything that matched what you wanted, so go a bit more in depth.

Do you mean that one weapon turns into another? Do you want specific materials to be required to create the item? Will recipes be required to make the item or will the shops already know everything that can be synthesized?

I think he means using different objects to create a weapon
you know, like iron ore + wood = sword

edit:
http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t24906.html

go here
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 07:11:41 AM by pokefan »

Contestant - GIAW 9
what a mean by synthesis shop is that its a shop you go to and make weapons and armors out of other weapons, armors, and items  (ex: King Sword is made from dragon sword and dragon mail.) no recipes required. It has to be a shop that charges money for synthesizing. you can only synthesize certain weapons and armor at certain shops

My Favorite Animes:
    4. Spice and Wolf
    5. Rosario + Vampire

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
conditional branch [dragon sword in inventory]
      conditional branch[dragon mail in inventory]
      @>change items [dragon sword][-1]
      @>change items [dragon mail][-1]
      @>change items [king sword][+1]

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Sometimes people go too far and think that they need a script. Fatso here's right, this can be done through eventing quite simply. Of course, you could create windows and gauges for it with a script, but you can also do that with an absolutely ridiculous amount of eventing.
What you're looking for is what he just posted.
Congrats, your request is solved?
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Yes, it technically is possible to create this via events...

...just like you can technically create a basic shop via event. But you'd agree that it's easier and looks nicer doing so using the shop script, and since he's hoping for the synth system from FF9, it could be annoyingly long.