RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
ITT: You Name Non-Obvious PS2 Games For Me To Download

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Me + Modded PS2 + 50 disks = fun.

Tell me some games to get. Also, please no Final Fantasies, no Kingdom Hearts, or anything else that is obvious. I'm looking for hidden gems here.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Ace Combat 4 is pretty fuckin' neato, but I dunno how hidden gem that is. I could also suggest the armored core series (3 is a good start if you're not sure how you feel about em).

Rep:
Level 87
Gregory's Horror Show
Chulip
Edit: Stretch Panic
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 08:14:47 AM by Redwyn »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I don't like mech games, so I'm going to skip that, but I do like the Ace Combat series. I've seen The Gregory Horror Show on sites, and it looks interesting. I haven't seen Chulip though. I'll check them out.

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
If you like the THPS game, THPS 4 is ok (the rest are pretty av IMO). 
Shadow of the Colossus is a great game, I haven't played Ico, but that's got good reviews. Also, DBZ Budokai is good multiplayer.

How much do modchips cost, anyways?
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Rep:
Level 94
I'm completely burned on TH games, but yeah, they were good. I have Shadow and Ico already, and I'm not a big DBZ fan.

I'm not sure how much mod chips cost, because I soft-modded mine with the memory card exploit. It tricks the system into thinking that the discs are videos, and then once past the copy protection, they work perfectly.

Rep:
Level 87
I added Stretch Panic to my earlier post. What would you think about the .Hack G.U. series?

Also, how much did it cost to soft mod your PS2? ;o

Rep:
Level 94
Oh yeah, I heard that game was pretty cool. I'm adding it to my list. As for .Hack, I don't like those games at all. In fact, that is the only RPG series that does the opposite of what I like in every situation.

It cost $10 for a memory card.

Rep:
Level 96
If you like Ace Combat, I'd DEFINITELY say to get Ace Combat Zero as well- five isn't bad by any means, but the story always made me kinda gag.

CLIMB NUGGETS, CLIMMMMMMB

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
Oh yeah, I heard that game was pretty cool. I'm adding it to my list. As for .Hack, I don't like those games at all. In fact, that is the only RPG series that does the opposite of what I like in every situation.

It cost $10 for a memory card.

What's the name of the memory card? I'll have a look for it, I'm very interested in this. (Does it play RIPs fine? How about out-of-zone disc?)

Not a DBZ fan here either, but it's a lot of fun with a group of people.

But yeah, very interested in this memory card thing.
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Rep:
Level 94
I bought a memory card, transferred files to it, loaded them onto my PS2 using an original copy of 007, and then created a bootcard. It only plays NTSC, and I don't bother with rips. Its called an ESR loader.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I did this last summer. I used a flip top, though.

Then I downloaded the following games:
Persona 4
Suikoden 3 and 4
Tales of Legendia / the Abyss
Shadow Hearts 1 / 2
Star Ocean 3

I haven't played any of them yet, LOL.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
Ace Combat Zero is fantastic. I do suggest Digital Devil Saga as well. I know you're looking for lesser known stuff, but don't forget all the necessaries like SOTC, MGS 1 & 2 and Katamari. =o
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 96
Pogi Hans.

Rep:
Level 73
Prepare for trouble!
Suikoden 5 is the beeeest. <3  Also, while it's not the BEST GAME IN THE WORLD, I really loved Dark Cloud.  (I haven't played the sequel yet.)  :3 

Rep:
Level 96
Oh! Yeah, Dark Cloud!

The sequel is better than the original. That still doesn't make it the best game in the world, but it's pretty good.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Yeah, the Dark Cloud games are pretty fun if but under the radar a bit.

The Thing - Decent survival horror game picking up after the movie.
Lego Star Wars - Amazingly fun despite how it sounds.
Bully - A GTA rip-off but in school.

Most people seem to hate the Xenosaga series, but I loved it. I dunno what it'd do for you.

Rep:
Level 96
I really want to finish 2 and move on to 3.
1 was very good, but damn ... like ... where's the music? There were so many moments where it was COMPLETELY silent for extended periods of time in that game.

Mitsuda, I love your music and all, but damn please complete working on a game without almost dying for once.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
lol, yeah. Episode I was great in story and graphics, but kinda lacked in gameplay. Plus they skimped on the music big time, with zero boss music until the final boss. Episode II picked up the music aspect and improved on gameplay, at the cost of having a less-than-impressive storyline compared to the first. Then Episode III came and fixed both, at least in my opinion.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 94
Every one of those games that you've mentioned, I already have. Come on, people. Dig deep!

Edit: Except Xenosaga. Those games are dumb.

Rep:
Level 96
Fatal Frame 1/2/3
Psychonauts
ur mom

Rep:
Level 94
I have Fatal Frame 1, and I have Psychonauts on PC.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon