RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Ally Focused Skills That State Change Caster

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Yet another request, I believe this should be it for me in the requesting business though (for the time being).

What I'd like to have is a script that makes a skill used on an ally (or enemy) also affect the caster by putting a state on them. For instance I use a revival spell on my friend, she comes back to life, but I suffer from a state called "Weakened Soul", now my spirit is reduced until cured or it passes (since revival is no easy task, just ask Edward ;)).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 02:42:11 AM by hiromu656 »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
That's a default feature. In the upper right corner of the Skills database, there is a box that says States Changed and a list of all your states. Just click the Weakened Soul state until it has a + beside it in that list.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
That's a default feature. In the upper right corner of the Skills database, there is a box that says States Changed and a list of all your states. Just click the Weakened Soul state until it has a + beside it in that list.
Not exactly, I want the Scope to be an ally, but the state to change on the caster.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Anyone got an idea, or should I just let this rest for the time being?

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Link the skill to a common event maybe? That should probably get the results you need. Set the skill scope to an ally and run a common event that checks which actor used the skill using variables (I'm sure there's a way, I'll figure it out if needed) and add the state using that event. No script required.

Script would probably be more reliable though.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Sounds good, I'll try it out and see if I can make it work without a script.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I had another idea;
Set the scope to the caster, then have the common event revive the entire party. Of course, this would only work as a mass revival, so do what you want.
This would be easier to make, but a lot less practical.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
no worries, I came to a solution using Common Events, I just made each character capable of Reviving have their own Revival. Then I linked that skill to a common event that added a state to that character so that you gain the state by casting it, and someone else will gain a different state if they were to cast the same spell. But thanks a lot, Pacman.