RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Modding an Xbox 360

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Anyone here done this? I think we all know I'm hesitant to do anything like this without quintuple checking. It took me seven months to get a damn flash cart for the DS.

If anyone here has done this, I'd like some insight. Difficult? Easy? Am I gonna need to put down any money? I'm studying this up myself right now, but I'd appreciate someone with some knowledge.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I did mine. It wasn't easy, but it wasn't super difficult, either. If you can build a PC, you can mod a 360. There are a few ways to do it, but I chose the drive replacement/flashing bios method. Mine isn't Jtagged, and I can still play on Live.

Rep:
Level 96
Alright, I dunno what Jtagged is. :o I just wanna play emulators and shit since my computer is becoming less and less able to do so, and I miss playing playstation games and shit. I'd prefer to be able to play downloaded 360 games too since the damn thing won't read actual games anymore.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Jtagging allows you to fake licenses from the marketplace, effectively letting you play live arcade games from the hdd or a flash drive without having officially downloaded them. I modded mine to play burned 360 games, because I already have a computer for emulation, and PS1 emu on anything but a PC or a PSP is shitty. The only real reason to mod a 360 is to play burned games. If you're looking for perfect PS1 emulation, pick up a PSP. Its the easiest thing to mod, and it runs every PS1 game perfectly. If you really need a console for classic game emulation, I would say to look for a Dreamcast, or softmod a Wii. Or just use a PC, since it doesn't get easier than that.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Plus the PSP has some pretty good games, and cracking that is really easy/safe/cheap, too! 8D (phat only and it's free unless you eff up and need to get Pandora MMS but then you also need a decently sized memory stick to play games since PS1 games are usually at least a gigabyte... :P)

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I've heard the original xbox is great for ps1 emu's as well but i've got no idea how to mod it.

Rep:
Level 94
Fat is not the only one that you can mod. They all work the same, except the go.

Also, yeah, the original Xbox was great for emulators. I forgot about that one.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Phat is not the only one, but there's a lot more support for it, it's easier, and even if you somehow brick your PSP, it's still completely fixable.

Rep:
Level 96
Only reason I wanna use a 360 at all is I already have one, if I had a PSP I'd definitely do it first. I just don't have the case for one. The wii in this house is my brother's so that's a no go. I use my computer for NES and SNES already, it's just stuff that runs 3D that it hates.

Playing burned XBOX 360 games would be plenty enough pay off for me.