RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP]War Unleashed

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
War Unleashed

Hello everyone I want to present a not so new project, I started this a while ago, but stopped due to college. Right now I'm getting back to it and wanted to show you guys my work. Your opinions about it are very interesting to me and I would love your input. Si first things first, let's start with the outline of the story.

Story:
Spoiler for:
The story takes place in a continent named Vatren.
As you can see in the image the continent is constituted by a large body and smaller islands. Currently, there is a struggle for power and lands in the main body, among north and south. In their struggle, they have started to look for allies among the islands and other areas not involved.
Our main character(Arer), lives in Ascarel Kingdom, the biggest island to the east. This place has been spared from war so far. He is the best friend  of the King's son (Rodrich). On the prince's birthday the King is assassinated, Arer is the only person who witnessed a strange man escape,he is the main suspect to the assassination. Arer along with the most trusted soldier of the Kingdom (Brourque) depart in search of the assassin. Starting the adventure.

Game Features:
  • New battle calculations
  • Skill point leveling system
  • CMS
  • RTAB
  • War system (inspired on the Legion Saga games, but a bit more complex)
  • Day and night
  • Fog of war in World Map

Screenshots:
Spoiler for:

This is the title screen, the title screen is dynamic so you will see some movement along with it being randomly different. I'll show some more title screens next.

A battleing image, it uses RTAB, as well as casting time and co-op casting for stronger spells.

Here is the custom menu system by LeGAcy, it has been modified to be able to level up the characters in this menu.

Day and night system.

Mapping in exteriors.

Mapping in interiors.

Mapping in World Map, this also shows the transportation between islands. The fog of war can also be seen in the World Map screenshots.

Scripts:
I'm using the scripts listed below, some of them have been modified by me for compatibility in both bugs and gameplay.
  • Method and Class Library by Trickster
  • Standard Development Kit by Near Fantastica, Wachunga, Prexus and SephirothSpawn
  • HP/SP/EXP Gauge Script by Cogwheel
  • Sprite_Shadows Based on Genzai Kawakami's shadows, dynamisme&features by Rataime, extra features Boushy
  • RTAB by Cogwheel
  • Skill Casting Time Counter by Cogwheel
  • Cooperative Skills by Cogwheel
  • Skills that consume items by Cogwheel
  • Scene Custom Menu System by LegACy
  • Level Up Point Spend System by Drago del Fato
  • KGC_Overdrive by KGC
  • Script for Books, scrolls visualization (can't find the author)
  • Tax script by Mega Flare
  • Script for the game TENS (can't find author)
  • Multiple Message Windows by Wachunga
  • Anti-event lag script by Near Fantastica
  • Dynamic Maps by Near Fantastica
  • Fog of war by Wachunga
  • Title Map and Intro Script by Dargor
All scripts are currently working perfectly together.

So far this is what I'll show you, I plan to post a short video next, and hopefully a Demo shortly. I welcome your critics and praises. I was also wondering if anyone in here has some experience with game storytelling. I think this is my biggest weakness.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
The boats! Oh, the boats! I wanted to ride a boat in rpg maker that doesn't look like my 5 year old brother drew them, and here they are. Looks like you put a good deal of work into this game. And that world map made me cry. I hope you do great with the gameplay aspect of this as well because the graphics are superb - Although i don't like the main character's template choice, even though that may have been how you envisioned him to look like, I just don't like it. I can't wait for a demo.  ;D

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Yes the boats are beautiful, they are part of the worldmap tileset by Inquisitor that I used I just edited them as character sprites, They worked out pretty well.  :D About the main character, I'm also not entirely convinced, but haven't found resources to convince me to change him. I just envision him as a young guy, around 18 or 19. As for the world map, its was the very first thing to be created, I just started mapping it without any idea what the game would be about. After creating this "world" I started thinking what could possibly happen in this place. This is how it all started.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Well, the game looks superb, I hope you're making progress with it. How will the combat work, I see the Fog of War, and you're using RTAB, but I also see a normal looking combat scene. Are they all fused in one? Because that would be very interesting to play out. Also, you mention the main character teaming up with his friend, will there be other characters that could join your party or maybe recruit-able mercenaries for use in battle?

Rep:
Level 73
Impossibre!
Participant - GIAW 11
I'm a big fan of the tileset! I also have it, and it made my whole mapping life better! By the way, what is RTAB?