RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX] Oversoul || Some screens added~

Rep:
Level 73
Prepare for trouble!
“Power?  I will give you power.  I will give you power to tear the world asunder.  In return, I will devour you.  Even if you beg, even if you cry.  I will devour you.”

Pleased to meet you all~  I just got RMVX and I have to say I'm really stoked to make stuff.  :3  I'm using this game project as an excuse/nudge to improve my art this year, so I'm going to be focusing on the artwork hardcore.  I'm going to try to basically use only stuff that I make (besides scripts and such, which I <3 these forums and members for providing them :3)  So....  Wish me luck!  This is my first time around here, so any advice or help is greatly appreciated.  I'm going to try to have this game complete (or mostly complete) by the end of this year, but when I have the first chapter done, I will release that as a demo for everyone to play.  I'll be posting concept artwork here as I make it, so check back if you're keen to see it.  :3  Thank you for stopping by~

Genre:  Fantasy/Horror/Drama

Spoiler for:

Kyrielle was meant to die as a child, murdered along with her mother, but an archaic grimoire prevented the tragedy from happening.  Clutching it to her bosom, she called out words she could not comprehend, and the powerful, ancient Hallow summon, Anima, manifested before her.  A bond was made with child and Hallow, and Anima was quick to exact her bloody vengeance, thus saving her life.
   Now that she has reached adulthood, the memory of that day returns to her, and with it, the dire summon Anima, staking a claim on her life as the price to pay for the rest of his services to her. 

“I am yours to command, and you are mine to take.  Employ my power to break your enemies.  Break them.  Massacre them.  Their families.  Scar the world if you wish.  My strength is yours.  But make no mistake in that you are mine to take, mine to devour, when these seals are gone, when your wishes are complete.  And believe me, when I say I will devour your life....your existence, for I will consume you with the utter most happiness.”

Kyrielle must find a way to break the grasp Anima has on her, all the while ending up in predicaments that force her to use his power, ushering her closer and closer to her end.  Secrets from the past begin to whisper across the forest....a foreboding desire that pulses like a sickening heartbeat.    The world begins to suffer, captured in the gnarled fist of the cycle of power.

Spoiler for:
     It is a place that dwells between modern and traditional, but is situated in a world that values the magic offered by the planet.
     Long ago, there were people who could call forth and manipulate the power of the world and the spirits within it.  They were called many things....witches, conjurers, diviners, and for a time in history, they vanished, scorned and tortured by the society they tried so desperately to protect.  Over the past few centuries, they slowly came back into existence, once more using their abilities to eke out a living; to live and prosper.  Some lent their strengths for good, supplying much-needed spells and charms to others.  Some watched out only for themselves, and some wanted to crush the whole of society under their heel.  Then, there were those who focused mostly on Espers -- Spirit remnants of the dead and the earth, who linger in the shadows, causing illness, fear, and sometimes havoc upon the living.

Some witches could use their abilities to put the Espers at ease, or to strip away their power so that they were nothing but mere shades who drifted in and out of sight like a shadow at noon.  Then, there were those who could call upon the power of Rare and strong Espers to aid them.  We called them 'Summoners', or Invokers.  Summoners were rare, and they always bore a pair of small horns upon their head; a sign of their pact.  They were valued, prized and treasured...coveted, and sought after by the larger kingdoms to aid in their eternal struggle to overpower each other, and to assist in finding what we've come to call 'Hallows'...Ancient individuals who used the most forbidden of magics, and were thus sealed into relics, serving summoner after summoner until they have found their way to be repented. 

Monsters
Monsters in Oversoul are generally of Esper types.  Ghosts, ghouls...hobgoblins.  Many of them are taken directly from mythology of our real world to give a little bit of a learning experience to the player, too.  :3  Of course, there are some living beasts that want to eat your face off too, so watch out for them.  In some dungeons, there is a bit of a scare-factor with some mobs.  They will only appear on the map if you step on a certain area (hopefully I can make this random somehow) and appear with a shriek, or some other horrifying noise.  (generally reserved for the ghost types.)
Dungeons
If all goes as planned, the dungeons will have one or two puzzles, or quests to fulfill to get through them completely.  Some dungeons may have hidden fishing/gathering/quest areas and optional mini-bosses.  This is to (hopefully) make them a bit more fun to go through besides just seeing the scenery and monsters.

Spoiler for:
** Most of these quick avatars are with roughed concept art with quick colors, except Ruria's, whose is a bit old but finished. x3  Don't judge the others too bad yet~ **

Kyrielle -
A well-mannered, creative and sometimes strange girl who has an insatiable love of pastries and morbid things.  She works as a witch, taking care of angry Espers that skulk about, and also crafts weapons and other objects with Manacrafting.  As a child, she became a summoner quite by accident during a time of danger.  Traumatized by what happened, she had long since forgotten the pact she made with the Hallow, Anima, until she reached adulthood and had need of his strength again, never being able to answer to others whys he had the Summoner's Horns when she had no summon. She is burdened by the pact she made with him, and must find a way to break it before he is able to claim her life as the price for summoning him. 
Combat: Kyrielle specializes in using many swords at once, always able to call on a seemingly never-ending supply of the ones she has created.

Anima -  Once a Warlord and King, he is now the Hallow embodiment of 'Power'.  Anima is used to getting his way, and being a summoned Hallow does not change his kingly demeanor.  He is gruff and sarcastic much of the time, and is always trying one thing or another to make sure he gets his way.  Though Kyrielle summoned him, he considers her as something that belongs to him, and he becomes slightly obsessive with this thought, but still wants her to fulfill their pact, so that he may devour her life.  He is considered one of the strongest Hallows, and he alone has been responsible for many catastrophes in the past, at the hands of war-mongering, militaristic summoners. 
Combat: Anima utilizes brute strength and spectral shadows as weapons. 

Ruria - A kind, upbeat girl who has been Kyrielle's friend for a very long time.  She loves to interfere in the affairs of others, and fancies herself a professional matchmaker, and loves nothing more than a good meal.  Ruria is gentle and relaxed , but can be lazy when things aren't 'fun'.  While she is carefree and fun-loving, even silly at times, she bides with a secret that she can't even accept herself.
Combat:  Ruria uses festival-based magic, and magic lanterns as weapons.

Maia -  A 'Blinded Priestess' who grew up in a shrine near Emberfall.  She is serious, calm, and sometimes dark, and very knowledgeable, and has a strong sixth sense, able to communicate with Espers that others cannot.  It is difficult to earn her respect at first, since she is somewhat self-important.  However stubborn and serious she may be, however, she is secretly lighthearted and her intentions are pure.
Combat:
Maia uses magic of Dark and Holy properties, and a plethora of long needles.

Sethyr – A well-mannered knight of royal nature.  It is a mystery where he comes from, but he does not deny he is of royal lineage, and holds himself quite highly, always injecting sarcasm and mockery in the most polite, kind way possible that is often infuriating.  He is definitely a ladies man, always exercising his charm and wit.  He has his dark times, however, and seems to have a secret vendetta that he shares with nobody.
Combat:  Sethyr fights with an abundantly large lance and shield, and is good with defense.

Armada – A gruff and sometimes boisterous pirate of a man with an abundant love of alcohol.  He both loves and fears women, but will never admit it, of course.  For whatever reason, people flock to him as a leader, and he does indeed  enjoy taking command of things, and won't think twice about running in headfirst.  Though rough around the edges, he perseveres with his goals, even if he does cause problems along the way.
Combat:  Armada uses a combination of guns and an anchor. 

Miusa – A quiet yet  good-natured songstress summoner.  Though she is considered a witch, she mainly uses her voice as a simple singer during her travels.  She is happiest while singing or dancing, but her strange esper-song magic attracts people to hunt her, so she is constantly running away from something, not knowing who to trust or not.  She is unique as a summoner, since she can summon an array of Espers, as well as the Hallow 'Banshee'.
Combat:  Miusa utlizes her voice to use the magic of Espers.

+ Optional recruitable characters~ (Aiming for 5-10, if possible)

Spoiler for:
-Turn-based battle system with side-view.
-Visible Enemies on the map, surprise enemies that leap out and gnaw on your face.
-Manacrafting (Making specific items with specific ingredients.)
-Inventing (Who knows what you'll end up with....)
-Cooking (Food acts as a +healing/buffing item to characters, and is used in some quests.)
-Fishing (Items caught are used in cooking, manacrafting, and quests.  Catches differ depending on the location fishing from.)
-Gathering/Mining (Various spots on the map will yield a random ingredient.  Used in Manacrafting and Cooking.)
-Hunting Quests (Strong non-story bosses and elites become available and reward good items such as unique ingredients for crafting, rune spheres, etc.)
-Customizable characters.  (Each character gets specific skills as they level, but the finding of Rune -Spheres grants the player the ability to customize characters they want to with what skills they want.)
-Mini-games with credit shop.  (Credit shop sells things Rune Spheres, equipment, so on and so forth.
-Evolving HQ.  (Do quests/story to unlock more areas of the Lockewood Manor, which open up more things to do, and a few boss fights, and one dungeon.)
-[Possible] Gardening System.
-Recruitable characters.  (Do quests to recruit optional characters into your party.)
-End Game + (Optional Dungeons which yield optional/extra story scenes.)

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
Just a few...the map art isn't done.  D:  Showing some sprites, at least. xD
Art, characters, graphics, concept, story © O-mie
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 08:25:43 AM by Omiekins »

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
Creator of Kaethos
I love your artwork, only if I can create such for my project. Good Look. I be keeping an close eye on this one.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
I am intrigued by the artwork. Definitely going to be keeping an eye on this one. o.o

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Nice work so far :D

Rep:
Level 73
Prepare for trouble!
Woo!   I was a little nervous to post a thread when I don't have much yet. xD 

Rep:
Level 75
Death is life's way of firing you
This is interesting, almost intriguing. I can't wait to see some screenshots.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
The art looks fantastic and to top it off with a very interesting story, I'll make sure to watch out for this.

Rep:
Level 75
I have a soft spot for sexy threads and this one surely is <3
The characters sound extremely amusing and the artworks are beautiful too.

-Manacrafting (Making specific items with specific ingredients.)
-Inventing (Who knows what you'll end up with....)
-Cooking (Food acts as a +healing/buffing item to characters, and is used in some quests.)
What's the difference between those three?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I'd expect Manacrafting is magical items, Inventing is technology, and Cooking is consumables.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 73
Prepare for trouble!
Manacrafting you can do from the menu, hopefully.  Kind of like how you make things in Monster Hunter.  :3  Inventing you do from a room via npc, and it'll yield something within a set of random items, depending what tier you choose.  (You need certain amount of particular items per different tier)  and Cooking is also done via npc; though I'm hoping to incorporate some sort of mini-game for it.  :3  I'm still getting used to certain scripts and eventing, but I'll try my best xD

But yeah, to elaborate more on each category...

Manacrafting makes mostly weapons, armor, accessories and the like.  There are other parts in there that can make things like apothecary-like items, so on and so forth.

Inventing can make a lot of items.  There are some equips in there, uncommon or rare materials that are needed to make equips, plain items used in quests, sometimes apothecary-like items.  I was truly inspired by star ocean 3 for this one, and I'm thinking of making some recruitable inventors or something for it as well, as a sort of optional thing to do.  (I don't know about you guys, but I've always loved those kinds of things in games.)

Cooking is basically nommables that you can use outside of battle to heal, give your character some pre-battle buffs (hopefully), and some harder to make dishes will up your characters stats a little.  There will also be certain "camp" areas on the maps where you can choose to cook and trigger some minor, optional story events.  :3 

« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 04:07:42 AM by Omiekins »

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Oh my god this looks gorgeous!

Rep:
Level 73
Prepare for trouble!
:3 thanks~ 

Added a couple new pieces of concept art in there.  One is a side-boss (The Nymphae sisters are unlockable in some dungeons and act as a kind of sidequest for..something.  I haven't quite decided yet.  Maybe some nice, unique Rune Spheres. 

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
I must admit I'm dying to see Anima's concept art :3

Unless its up and I missed it :/

Rep:
Level 73
Prepare for trouble!
It's up xD top row, next to the sepia colored one of Kyrielle.  :3

Rep:
Level 75
Thanks for the clarifications on crafting/inventing/cooking. I love making my own items.

Reading the sentence under the title makes me think of the faustian contract in Kuroshitsuji xD

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
I was hoping he'd be some cool demon :/ but it still looks good.

Rep:
Level 73
Prepare for trouble!
No idea what that is. xD  It sounds like an anime, and I don't really watch many of those. 

And mm, he does have a monstrosity form.  All hallows do -- but they started off as human, so they can't all be like....  RAWAWRHSHJLHSFLSFHSDS in their usual form, haha.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
You should make a hollow with stunted growth, so they're always a dribbling monstrosity.

I like monsters.

I'll go away now .

Rep:
Level 73
Prepare for trouble!
Haha, danny devito comes to mind. xD

Rep:
Level 73
Prepare for trouble!
Added in one semi-concept of Sethyr.  x_x he needs clothes!  I'm struggling with his costume, but at least have his face/hair, haha.  He's probably going to have a blue/black theme, with yellow eyes.  He was meant to look all knightly, and I DID have semi-armor sketched up, but I fail at knights.  Dx  People who can do them flawlessly..I bow to.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Omie...
I love you. I would necropost the entire forum to keep you going on this game.
I would triple... no, quadruple post on everything I could. This is so well thought out.
It's made me want to quit as a maker. But I want to be known for finishing a project, so...
If you don't finish this project, I will have to take Finland away from you.
Please, please, keep up the amazing work!
(You don't see that many RPGs with endgame, do you? Well done!)
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Creeeeeeeeep.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
Hur hur you said boob.

Wait.
no.

OMIE. Can I has monster designs? I must seeeee <3

Rep:
Level 73
Prepare for trouble!
Lol!  I'm going to finish it. xD  It's my new year's resolution!  And I want my fiance to be proud of me ;~;  I'll upload some monster sketches soon :3  I've been a bit busy the past week with health stuff and a IRL creeper stalkering me =\  orz

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
Oh my, you should get some pepper spray >:C