RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
System shock 2, and Dead Space

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
System shock 2, and Dead Space. They are easily my two favorite survival horror games. I was trying to explain to somebody the many things that Dead Space may have "Borrowed" from SS2. He said that those things were just a coincidence. I don't think that Dead Space is a ripoff of SS2, just an inspiration for the game. (Which most people argue is a fancy way of saying ripoff.)

Weak Points
      - They take place (mostly) in space... (Very weak)

- Vending machines are the only way to buy new items.

- Throughout your journey, radio messages can be found. Recordings of the crews before, during and after the outbreaks.
      CONT. in RECORDINGS PT.2 (Strong)

Medium Strength Points
      - Zombies
      (SS2- Hybrids)
      (DS- Necromorphs)

- The only human “contact” is through radio chats, in which your character never speaks.
      CONT. in RADIO PT.2 (Strong)

Strong Points (WARNING: This section contains both minor and a few major spoilers)
      - Giant monsters hanging onto the sides of the ships. In both games, the monster is slowly melding with the ship.

- (RECORDINGS PT.2) You fallow the story of “Name” and his girlfriend in SS2 and Temple and his girlfriend in DS. They first are separated, then find each other. As you come across their messages, the feeling of isolation grows. Possibly making you think “Damn! I was so close. They were just here and I missed them.”
      (Though in DS, these characters die. ;_; )

- (RADIO PT.2) That voice that's always saving you. It belongs to somebody who wants you dead, but not until you finish their dirty work.
              (SS2- Helping “name” get control of the ship.)
      (DS- Helping “Name” get the marker.)

- The captains of the ships want the rest of the crew infected.
      (SS2- Because it feels good man.)
      (DS- Religion)

- In both, you don't only get the normal gun type weapon, but the characters also use psychic amplification tools. You can push and pull items. 

- You improve the power of your weapons through a power grid interface. Linking nodes together.      

- Ghosts. In SS2, you see the “residual psychic energies” of the dead. In DS people talk about seeing loved ones. (“NAME”: I just my brother... That's impossible. He's dead.”) Issac sees Nichole, even though she has been dead the entire time. 

Ending statement
      So, there's my case. Only you can say. Vote now! Do I present a good enough case, or are you still not convinced? Tell those who stand before me. Am I guilty of making connections that aren't there, or am I innocent.
       Would the jury now state their verdict.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
So weird that you posted this, because I thought the exact same thing when I played the original Dead Space.