RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Card Battle System

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
RMRK Junior
i need help. i'm making a card based game and i don't know anything about scripts can anyone help me?

Rep:
Level 74
Fallen Angel
Then you're aiming too high. Work on something a little bit easier before you do that.

Rep:
Level 84
I'd use it.

Rep:
Level 83
The rpgmakerVX window (and even XP) is too small .
I have tried to make cards and dispose them on a VX window ... impossible .
Forget !
You can use my scripts freely . but not for commercial use .
:ccbync:
Don't encrypt your game !!!
Want to give me credit ? Easy ,add me in your game :

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Too small, maybe.
Impossible, not at all.
You're thinking in too much of a close-minded manner. Through a ridiculous amount of eventing and pictures, it would be possible. Scripts aren't always the solution. It would be very mindnumbing at relentlessly boring, but if you want to make a good game... be prepared for that. If you're too bored making your game, others will be too bored playing it.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 83
You're right : it is possible to make this with common events and variables .
But , really , i have tried with statics pictures and it is far too small ... In any card game , you may have something like 10-20 cards in plays . And it's impossible in one VX screen .
A card game in rpgmaker seems to be a good idea but if you have a closer look , it is not .

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
You need to be more elaborate on this. What kind of Card Battle System are we talking about here? There's like tons of them! There's the Magic the Gathering Style, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Duel Masters, then there's the Baten Kaitos style etc. But yeah for these type of stuff it's better to just find a Programming Partner.

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
Contestant - GIAW 9
if you are still looking for that card battle system here is a link that will take you to one
http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=33934
the link will take you to a topic of a game at the end of that topic is where you can download the demo of a card battle system
I have a blog now where I will be posting my scripts that I create.

My Favorite Animes:
    1. Full Metal Panic (all 3 seasons)
    2. Dragonaut the Resonance
    3. The Legend of the Legendary Heroes
    4. Spice and Wolf
    5. Rosario + Vampire

Rep:
Level 83
@dartdaman : Ah ok , with only 3 cards per player , it's possible . It looks like a famous internet game (and yes , it looks nice) .
But it is not very strategic like this . especially for the "deckbuilding" part of the game .

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I don't really see how screen size is a huge issue. I've played card games on gameboy advance screens. Just make the cards small, and add an option to show a larger image when you scroll over a card.