RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] [RESOLVED] ~ What me do?

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Alright, making my game, demo's done, JUST finished the last event on the last map after doing every other event on every other map, and I want to play test. I've done this several hundred times as a game maker, and it has worked perfectly every time. But for some reason, when I try to play it now, it displays the following sentence;

"Failed to create process."

Now, I'm not a complete idiot, or really an idiot at all, but WTF? Why this happening? Script do bad? I are confuse  :o. So, how me fix? What does me do to make game fun play? Halp pelaze!

Edit: Problem Solved.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 01:40:18 AM by modern algebra »
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
It's pretty urgent, I want to release a demo either today or tomorrow. Can anyone help at all?

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Even having been a moderator of this forum for as long as I have, I can't say I've ever encountered your specific problem.

Yay for you, you're a special kind of screwed!

But if I had to go by the terminology used in the error, I would say you're having an error with one of your most recent events or a script conflict. Go for events first. If you've been playtesting regularly, check ones that were made after the error first appeared.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I'm not quite sure how an event would really effect the start up of the game, seeing as the most recently made events are at the very end of the game, and I haven't implemented any new scripts in a couple of weeks. I'll check my newest maps; perhaps it is a data problem? I do have upward of 180 maps. Also I feel pretty special for creating a new level of broken RPGs!

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Well, in Game Maker (different program I know) the game will close when it can't execute certain errors in code- but there are also errors that throw it completely off during the compile at start up. Perhaps something that causes a recursive loop or, I dunno, something colossally fucked up like that.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I don't like what's going on. I was going to release the demo tomorrow, but I can't really put up a game that won't start on the website. I just hope I can isolate the problem.