RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How to make a script variance depending on which party member you have...

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
Kurosuhato Rokkuriba (Crossed Heart, Rock River)
I don't know if anyone besides me knows this but I will tell you guy's anyway...

I remember some RPG's have a script varience depending on what party member you have... Like Final Fantasy IV: The After Years... If you have Ceodore and Rosa in your party then Golbez will live... If not then he will die... I'm here to tell you how...

Create an Event
Create A conditional branch. If Ceodore is in party
Create another Conditional Branch. If Rosa is in party

It should look like this
+ Branch if Ceodore is in party
  + Branch if Rosa is in party
    X
  : End
  X Remove Golbez, Activate Switch: Golbez's Death
: End
X

Place the main dying event between End 1 and End 2. So that it would work that way... Under End 2 Nothing happens unless if you want to make the cutscene with or without golbez... to do that... Then all you have to do is this...

When in conversation...
In order to make him say something whether he lived or not is where you create another conditional branch that executes a custom branch if he is not in party...

If Golbez is Alive
Ceodore: We should get going into the core... Then we can finish this once and for all!
Golbez: Before you start jumping in... There is a short cut by the entrance of the cave that would lead us
straight to it...

If Golbez is Dead
Ceodore: I can't believe he's gone...
Cecil: Until then... We just have to keep fighting on...

Mix it up a little... This should help give the player some good things and bad things depending on what you have done to proceed through the storyline... Use this example to help you in future to give your game more variety...

P.S Cecil, Ceodore, Golbez and Rosa are all characters from SQUARE-ENIX and it's game... The characters don't belong to me... Owners remain of their respective content... I do not claim this as my own... But My only reason is I like FFIV:TAY... The story is just epic...
We were all newbies at first (Low Level), Then we suffer, We became greater as we fought (Mid Level) and now then we stare in the face of the end of the world! (High Level)

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
You posted the exact same topic in the same place 2 times. You're a [censored] idiot. I'm deleting the other topic.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 10:20:37 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
He's just trying to be helpful - mistakenly submitting the same post twice happens. It's not really a good cause for that reaction grafikal. Anyway, thanks for sharing Tera

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
Kurosuhato Rokkuriba (Crossed Heart, Rock River)
He's just trying to be helpful - mistakenly submitting the same post twice happens. It's not really a good cause for that reaction grafikal. Anyway, thanks for sharing Tera

Thanks Modern algebra ... I tried to stop that from happening but my internet is fast that I was too slow to react...

You posted the exact same topic in the same place 2 times. You're a [censored] idiot. I'm deleting the other topic.

How arrogant... Even though I was trying to help someone make their game more varied... Even others make the same mistake... It is not anyone's right to be mean to others who made their own mistakes not on purpose... Even high class members that are super moderators... Just because their chair is higher than anyone else but under administrator is just nothing but a control freak... It's not me who's the idiot... It's the one who doesn't think of other people's mistakes... Super Moderators are meant to fix the mistakes not go punishing the others then delete that accidental copy... Who wouldn't want people higher than being so mean to others and what if others wan't away from this place? It's mainly all because on one person... Once one goes into a mental state and goes raging rampant... They're both at fault...

Besides modern algebra... Thanks for standing up for someone who makes mistakes...

I just hope this thread would provide useful for developers... Even though I am helping someone for a reason... I'm just revealing one of my tricks so I hope it can help others more variable in future...
We were all newbies at first (Low Level), Then we suffer, We became greater as we fought (Mid Level) and now then we stare in the face of the end of the world! (High Level)

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Your....text has...too many...ellipses....

It's distracting. :|

As for your tutorial, it's a little basic, but I'm sure it could be helpful to someone.