RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX COMPLETE] The Infection

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
The Infection is a game that takes 2~3 hours to complete and is my second project on RMRK--and now it is completed, unless there are some bugs. As I said with Cattails: I can't find any bugs, but if there are, let me know ASAP. Game rating is E10-ish.

After your parents fall victim to a mysterious Infection that has plagued the city of Windville, you go on an adventure to find a cure – no, the Cures – which can stop the Infection. Eventually, you are accompanied by an old man, girl, the old man's pet dog, and many others. Along the way, you'll have to encounter the people and non-people causing the Infection, including the Humanophages, a breed of viruses that probably have no cure, and stick together to become human-size multicellular organisms.

Characters
Spoiler for:
Player Characters have no default name. This list is not complete, only containing the characters met in South and Southeast Windville. You can set the main character's gender.
You [Class: Leader; Weapon: Melee-type; Skillsets: Group Attack, Anger, Meltdown; Best Stat: Attack] are the main character and you are pretty much what a good leader should be: helpful, determined, and willing to accept help. You intend to stop at nothing to destroy the Infection and get back your parents.

Gabriela [Class: Temporarily [Flashback & Present] Playable Character & NPC; Gender: Female; Skillset: Anger] is your sister, with you at the Orphanage when you decide to leave and find a cure. She stays behind, and currently has a lot of dreams in which some mysterious figure named the Developer (me!) gives her instructions on what you need to do next, so if you need advice, just ask Gabriela. I wish MY sister was this loyal...

The Old Man [Class: Mimic; Gender: Male; Weapons: Weaker Melee-type, Knife; Skillset: Mimic; Best stat: Skill] [DOG: Class: Dog] joins you at a second Orphanage right after the one you departed from. There he was a Mimic Servant, meaning he was forbidden to do anything except exactly what the lead Mimic Servant was doing. The upside is that he's great at mimicking actions, and he was immune to the Infection, but he lost a lost of his personality, and his pet dog. His master has a, mm, special connection to the Infection.

The Girl [Class: Tool-using Dancer; Gender: Female; Weapons: Weaker Melee-type, Tools; Skillsets: Electric Slide, Boogie, Power Jam; Best stat: Skill] was trying to stand against a bully who was... giving her a hard time. Had you not showed up, she might've been framed and the story twisted around so SHE was the one bullying the bully... and, well, since she's very helpful, that would stink. She likes to dance and is good with tools, and doesn't take nonsense from anyone.

Bill [Class: Temporarily [Flashback] Playable Character & NPC; Gender: Male] [ROBOTS: Class: Robot; Short Circuit, Flaming Beam, Frozen Beam, Electro Beam, Aqua Beam, Rocky Beam, Windy Beam] has a way with robots, being the favorite apprentice of your father Tobin, who came down with the Infection. He donates two of your robots to aid you in your cause, and then helps out Gabriela with giving you instructions on what do next, but not psychically. Scientifically.

The Lord Infector McIvia Green [Class: Boss & NPC; Gender: Male] is the detestable figure clad in black who personally Infected Tobin and his wife, and almost did so to Bill and Gabriela while they were buying tools, but they escaped. He is the cause of the Infection, because he thinks the only way to handle the fact humans are imperfect is to eliminate them altogether and start over. But that's not the right way!

Tobin [Class: Temporarily [Flashback] Playable Character & NPC; Gender: Male] [ROBOTS: Boss & Regular enemies] is your father. He invented the T0B1n, T0B2n, T0B3n, and T0B64n lines of robots, and was the teacher of Bill. However, he was Infected and all of his robots stolen. The Lord Infector has reprogrammed those robots to go against you.

Scripts used
Ziifee Wait Gauge Battle
Snapshot Battleback
Enemy Levels
Map Name Popup
Mime Skill
Hospital Fees
Both-Hands Style
Get Item Window
Randomized Gold
Credits
ShadowCatuse [me]: Creator
FurReal275 of YouTube: Final Boss Battle Sprite
Kitten: For Giving Advice about Posts
Grafikal & Capn Wolfe: For Giving Mapping Advice
CakeJarey: For Making the remix of FF7 JENOVA that I used as the Windville main theme.
Ziifee & Mr. Bubble of RpgMakerVx.Net: Ziifee Wait Gauge Battle
Yanfly of Pockethouse Wiki: Snapshot Battleback and Enemy Levels
Dargor: Map Name Popup
Modern Algebra: Mime Skill
Shanghai of Pockethouse Wiki: Hospital Fees & Randomized Gold
AeroGP of Pockethouse Wiki: Both-Hands Style
Woratana: Get Item Window

Screen Shots
Spoiler for:

Download
Catuse_TF.zip
Bestiary (spoilers!)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 12:02:32 AM by shadowCatuse »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Are those maps serious... Really? Take a second and reflect how poorly those truly truly are.

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
Creator of Kaethos
Instead of actually saying how poor the maps. You could offer some advice?  I never used VX but I know a few tips of making good maps. Don't be too symmetrical, its unnatural and don't leave large spaces with nothing there. A world is a busy place, no matter where you are there is always something going on. Even if it will be wildlife or just a simple sign.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
If he wanted a critique on his maps he'd have posted some in the Screenshot thread. This is his project and I don't like the project. So opinions are opinions, white knight.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
lol is that Reno from FFVII
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Creator of Kaethos
If he wanted a critique on his maps he'd have posted some in the Screenshot thread. This is his project and I don't like the project. So opinions are opinions, white knight.

Fair enough. Got a point there.

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
Grafikal and Capn Wolfe, mapping isn't my strong point. What maps are particularly a problem?
Anski, it is.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
That's silly
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Creator of Kaethos
You just made some easy mistakes which can be fixed with backchecking. I point out one thing though, you got large empty spaces with nothing going on.

Rep:
Level 84
I agree on the mapping. Honest and true, the first thing I look at are the screenshots. If they are good, then I go through and read what it's about and possibly download it if I like it from there. But if the mapping is horrid (I'm sorry to say, but you need a complete overhaul on your maps), then I don't even read what the game is about, and just continue on my merry way.

Mapping tutorials can be found on the site you know:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,9364.0.html