RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
80 Hour Rpg Maker Xp Game?

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
So after me and my buddy sat down to discuss what this game was gonna be like I asked him so how long do you think it should be? He replied with saying about 80 hours. So I was just wanted your all's opinion on what you think about an 80 hour long Rpg maker game.
Project: Warriors: A Kingdom Divided
Demo= 95%
2nd Chapters Completion=1%
Overall Game=7%
Recruiting members check http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,40515.0.html for details

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009
One word: no. Or maybe if the 80 hours is optional, because then I can choose wether I do all the sidequests and extra levels or not. OR it has to be so original, so epic and so good that I will play it for that many hours, but then it has to be of the same quality of Zelda or Okami or something like that. Otherwise (just a game with a boring battle system and RTP graphics), no, I wouldn't play 80 hours long.
  - 

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Didn't we already have this discussion in another topic?

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,39703.0/all.html

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
Yes there was a post but I felt that that was just general because it just asks how long should a good game be but I'm in the process of making a very long game that could be around 80 hours. Plus no one on that other post even commented on anything around the play time of 80 hours. Most posts said it should be as long a it needs to be but
I was wandering how many people would actually download and eventually go through an RMXP game that was 80 hours long.
Project: Warriors: A Kingdom Divided
Demo= 95%
2nd Chapters Completion=1%
Overall Game=7%
Recruiting members check http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,40515.0.html for details

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
not I. I haven't even beat Fallout new vegas why would i spend 80 hours on an rm game.

Rep:
Level 73
Impossibre!
Participant - GIAW 11
The only games I have ever put more than 40 hours into are Mass Effect 2 and Supreme Commander 2, because one has freaking massive replay value and one has amazing multiplayer. Maybe cut the RMXP game in half? or thirds? I might play a 26.3333333 hours RMXP game. Maybe. Just don't make it a 15-minute-er.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I put in exactly 99hours and no minutes and no seconds on FF12. I played 100% through and my last save was randomly on exactly 99 hours of gameplay. I saved again later to see if it goes higher, it does.

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Master
I would sadly say that I don't think I would play an 80 hour long RPG Maker game.......... I'm not sure exactly why, but I would not be able to.............

« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 10:18:35 PM by moobob9 »
..........|¯•¸_¸,.•”ˆ¯....Thundercow....¯ˆ“•.,¸_¸•¯|..........
¯•_¹ˆ¯•ˆ¯¯±¸_Thunderclan WÅrrÏØr_¸±¯¯ˆ•¯ˆ²_•¯

Epequest
Game-25% complete
Demo-99% complete