RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Animated Actors as enemies with the tenkaichi Side View System

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
RMRK Junior
Sorry for being annoying again.

But can someone tell me if there´s a Way vor using character sprites as enemys? In my game, there are various Groups of characters with different alignments and sometimes they will meet and fight. So is there a way to use the sprites of one group as animated Enemies? That would be AWESOME!

I hope that this question isn´t that stupid... :-\

Rep:
Level 84
If I'm understanding your question right, then you'll want to get a custom battle system. The default one can't animate anything. I personally advise the Tantentai Battle System that can be found here: http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/?showtopic=13485

Hope that answered your question. It's kind of a confusing system to use at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's really quite simple.

EDIT: Hmm...I suppose I should have read the entire name of the topic, huh? I think I can still help though.
On the map, make sure the person you're going to battle is the character sheet with only one character on it (the sheet will have the $ in front of it, but you should already know that). And make sure that the battler in the enemies tab in the database is that same exact sheet. It'll look like the whole sheet, and it will be, unless you include this in the note area on that enemy.
Code: [Select]
<animate>
<mirror>
<shadow: shadow00>
<move shadow: 0, 4>

If you want the enemy to have a weapon, then you can add this in the notes area as well.
Code: [Select]
<weapon: x>
with x being the id of the weapon you want.

Did that help? If yes, then great. If not, I'll see what else I can do to help.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 10:46:04 PM by DarkCodeZero »

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
RMRK Junior
Thank you for your help. But by now I have much more problems. But with my little english knowledge I will try to explain my questions:

Question Number one:
I´ve found the Tankentai (Not Tenkaichi. Duuuuh) battle system 3.4b and tried to install it. Shouldn´t I use it? Because you postet the link to version 2.6.

Question Number two:
I tried to install the "ATB 1.2c + SBS 3.4b Notetag Demo" because I really like that active time battle system but had Problems with the sprites at first. I read on page 2 that I should use the Notetag Demo in that case (because I don´t want to have so much animations for my characters...(because I want to freakin use my Charas which have only the normal standart sprites)). And I installes everything like I have read in the readme. I put all pics like the shadows or numbers bars in their graphics folders of my project and put all needed scripts in my Game.
When I try to test fight monsters in the rpg VX Editor everything is fine. BUT when I get in a fight in the game itself I get the

"Script 'ATB (1.2c)' line 1660: NoMethodError occured
undefined method '[]' for nil:NilClass"

Error. But like I said...When I start a testfight everything works freakin fine...

Question Number Three:
I played around a little bit and tried the "RPG Tankentai SBS 3.4b + ATB 1.2c Kaduki" Script. And THAT is freakin deprimating! This Script has EXACTLY what I want. it has the ABS 1.2 and MUCH much more important: Animated battlers.
I would turn off the ABS script if neccesary. I would have no problem with that when I could have the animated battlers (you can see what I want in the "RPG Tankentai SBS 3.4b + ATB 1.2c Kaduki" Demo and speak to the guy right above the shield). But here we go again...I can´t really play the freakin (freakin mean T_T) script because vor every character or animated battler I need more than one sprite set. But I really really really don´t want that to be, because that would mean that every character in my project which I´m on since more than a week hardcore building (thanks to my holidays 9-11 hours a day at least) would be useless because they only have one, the standart, sprite sheet!

Please god or anyone else. Help me with that. Screw the ABS...I really really need those animated battlers mechanic of the "RPG Tankentai SBS 3.4b + ATB 1.2c Kaduki" Mod T_T
There MUST be a way to not need to have more than one sprite sheet for each character. Right?...Right?? And sorry again for my mean english ans scripting knowledge ûu

---- BIG AND FAT EDIT ----

God I am SOOO stupid. GOD. I wrote first and tought after that because of my irritation. I tried the Note that you gave me DarkCodeZero and it freakin worked! I LOVE YOU FOR THAT!!! No really. I want a child from you.
joke aside. But really: thank you very very much : )

But...before the thread gets closed I should use the opportunity and askk again: What can I do about the

"Script 'ATB (1.2c)' line 1660: NoMethodError occured
undefined method '[]' for nil:NilClass"

Error when I'm trying to fight with the ABS 1.2 script outside of the testfights of the editor?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 11:25:50 PM by DaedaliusRE »

Rep:
Level 84
I'm no Scripter, but I'll try my best to answer your questions:

Question 1: Yeah, it appears that I did post an outdated version of the script. I'd use the newer version (I would too, if my game wasn't too far in it's progress to update).

Question 2: Now, this is where I run into difficulties. Send me the link to the newer version of the script, and I'll take a look. But as this is my weakest skill in the whole program, I cannot guarantee I'll be any help on this aspect.

Question 3: I've seen around, and I'll continue to search for you for the right type of character sets. If I understand right, you only have the sets that have 8 characters per page, right? I found, a while ago, all of those charsets in their own layout for each individual character. I'll see if I can find them again.

As for your edit.

Contrary to what my profile picture is (I should probably change it), I am male. Haha. But nice joke. It made me laugh.

Send me the link to the script and it's demo, and I'll take a look, but cannot guarantee anything because I'm not good at all at scripting. Modern Algebra being the genius he is, would be a better person to ask.

EDIT: I'm sorry, but with the script, I don't know how to fix it. I'm still searching for the charsets though.

EDIT 2: I found them. Here: http://www.weebly.com/uploads/7/4/9/1/749164/characters.rar
Here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=0577b0bc424ec803ab1eab3e9fa335ca085f16db2227fc62
And Here: http://www.weebly.com/uploads/7/4/9/1/749164/characters.rar

Good luck. Sorry I can't be of help with the scripting part.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 12:41:53 AM by DarkCodeZero »