RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Event Text is cut off right-hand side of window

Rep:
Level 88
I think there is a bug with the way text displays in the game.  See my attachment.  The last letter on my second line of text is cut off.  As far as I know I am not using any custom windows or fonts, so is there a way to fix this so the last letter of text is not cut off? (other than having to change the text to fit differently?)
Old School JRPG action coming soon!  www.ironpawn.com
About me: www.astroth.com

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
No, you have to change the text in the window itself. As long as you stay to the left of the black arrow in the text editor, you should be able to manage it.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

Rep:
Level 88
Is there some way to change code somewhere to enlarge the text window width by a few pixels?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
there's seriously no reason for that at all, but there probably are with a cms

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
If you want to change the width of the text window, add this line under super(80, 304, 480, 160) in Window_Message

Code: [Select]
self.width = 640
640 is 640 pixels, the width of the screen. You can change this.

Then change 80 to how far from the left you want the window to be in the line you pasted that under (0 being on the left):
super(80, 304, 480, 160)

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Keep in mind I don't know shit about RGSS or any programming language. I just spent two minutes playing around with it and found out how to do this.

Rep:
Level 76
Shh, they're listening...
It may benefit you a bit more to find a Custom Message Script around here somewhere and learn to make better use of your text space.
The default message system is limiting and irritating to enough people that hardly any projects are made without some form of custom one.
With a custom one you could add little tails to make the dialogue boxes look like speech bubbles and even have them floating over the speaker's head. It's both helpful for showing who is speaking and aesthetically pleasing.

Good formatting can go a long way, especially in a game - where one of your primary forms of communicating with the player is through text.

Rep:
Level 88
It may benefit you a bit more to find a Custom Message Script around here somewhere and learn to make better use of your text space.
The default message system is limiting and irritating to enough people that hardly any projects are made without some form of custom one.

Actually, I WAS using a Custom Message Script - when I first saw the text cut off, I thought it was because of the script.  Then I removed the script, and the text was still cut off. 

I swear, Enterbrain really skimped on the main text functionality...

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
You could change the font size.
I don't have RPG maker on hand...

I think it's...

fontsize = (size)
... or something.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&