RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Hieros Gamos recruiting scripter (PAID), tile spriter, musician (UNPAID)

Rep:
Level 73
Hieros Gamos project leader, RPG Monster artist
Hieros Gamos is Recruiting!

Hieros Gamos is a 3v3 monster-battler in the vein of Dragon Warrior Monsters, Shin Megami Tensei and Digimon World DS. Our topic on RMRK with more information can be found HERE.

What We Need:

(In order of importance)

Scripter: The obvious one. We need one of these in order to even start working on the game, besides maps, considering that monster battlers aren't exactly in RPG Maker's toolkit without scripting involved. A scripter with some experience working on monster-battlers would be especially welcome, but anyone can apply.

NOTE: I managed to scrounge up $70, and part of that is going to go to finding a talented, experienced scripter to script everything in the game. Contact me to discuss pricing and the scripts that need doing.

Tile Spriter: Someone who can do tiles, especially buildings. At this point this isn't totally necessary, but getting a feel for the world the game takes place in does depend on the tiles!

Musician/SFX Person: I have someone who might do this, but I'm going to ask just in case. We need someone who can adapt to a wide variety of music. The style of music will be similar to Shoji Meguro's work in Digital Devil Saga in general, but the world of Hieros Gamos is so wide that different flavors of music will be needed.

Creature Designer/Spriter: Okay, we have enough of these at this point to make a game. WE DON'T -NEED- CREATURE DESIGNERS. However, I'm asking here in case anyone would LIKE to get in on the project for whatever reason. The more the merrier, unless, you know, it gets to the point where I'm trying to herd Bassicore (hurrr, homunculus joke).

What We Can Offer:

First of all, at this point in the project THIS IS NOT PAID (EDIT: with the exception of the scripter position). As much as I would love to pay all the spriters for their wonderful work so far, I don't have a job, the economy isn't great, etcetera.

However, what we can offer you is a (currently) small group of people who love what they do and a team leader who knows what she's doing (I've worked in RPG maker, played tons of monster-battler RPGs, been a pixelartist for 6 years, come up with a ridiculous amount of stories, and on the leadership side, I've led a few World of Warcraft raids and adminned a forum for a few years). We are friendly people, most of us live on the East Coast of the US but we are open to all time zones. We're passionate about this project and we hope you will be too!

Contact Info:
Email Me: masquerainmistress AT gmail DOT com
Add me on MSN (Different than my email!): i.love.uboa AT gmail DOT com
Skype Me: medicalmeccanica
PM me on this forum

Those are the four ways to contact me, with MSN and email being the most reliable.

If you've read through all this and checked out our thread *phew*, I hope you'll consider joining our team. Fun and RPG-making awaits!

« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 03:18:50 AM by masquerain »

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
This looks interesting.

Could you explain what kind of scripts you would be needing and which scripts you are using or are planning to use?

Rep:
Level 73
Hieros Gamos project leader, RPG Monster artist
Oh hello! Sorry for the bump, but the scripter position is now PAID!

I've been looking for a scripter worthy of this project for the longest time and haven't found anyone, and I have some money now, so yeah. Contact me on MSN (preferable) or by PM to discuss pricing and such. c: