RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Grooming Tips For Men by Men

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Me too! Shaving is such a hassle - I never want a beard and wish it would just leave me alone. My facial hair grows in all patchy anyway and there is no bridge between my moustache hair and the rest so it looks ridiculous anytime I let it grow for more than a day. I'm actually thirteen.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I grow facial hair inhumanly fast, and in the event that I have several days to myself I'll let it grow. The biggest problem I experience is the itchiness of it, even when its soft to the touch. I also do not like how it attracts shit when you eat. Bleah. What a pain.
:tinysmile:

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
My stepdad has a huge beard. It's fun to tie it to his ears in his sleep, especially after hes been a dick in the day.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
The smells of nature, emancipating from your skin.

By the way.

Emancipating doesn't mean what you think it does, good sir.
I know exactly what it means, the smell comes from the cologne mixing with the chemicals in your skin. Whatever scent actually comes out is wholly dependent on your genetic makeup. Thus anything you happen to take in from cologne, is something freed from your own body. Although emancipated certainly fits better than emancipating

I think you meant "emanating".

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Try the new Abraham Lincoln Cologne for Men.

Your skin will be emancipating all the slaves!
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Warning: Does not work on black people

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I just changed to Armani Code. I like it, but I don't know if I'll stick with it after this bottle runs out.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Axe (known as Lynx here) Pulse, because at heart, I'm still eleven ;]

Up until around a year ago I used Lynx/Axe africa, lol
bringing sexy back

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Lynx Dark Temptation makes me want to cuddle the person wearing it <3

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Was that a hint Gracie?

Rep:
Level 98
I've been using Express Honor for whenever i'm having a more romantic than usual night with Girlfriend. She seems to like it and it has a pretty sharp scent.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Lynx Dark Temptation makes me want to cuddle the person wearing it <3
Dark Temptation is the least "middle-school" smelling of all the scents. Pretty much everyone I know keeps a can in their glovebox, which might not be a bad idea for you guys in the summer.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Well I don't actually use Lynx/Axe any more. What I did one time I was shopping was check out the store brand deodorants and they have one that smells exactly the same as Pulse, but it costs like 80% less, so I switched ;o
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Do you use the spray or stick? Or both?

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Member^_________________^f*ck u >:(LO !!
Chanel Allure Pour Homme is like omgggg smells so good
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
So, thoughts on beards:

It might not be for you. It's genetics, really. Your beard may be patchy, or pubicy (gross), or maybe you just don't have the face for it. Or hey, maybe you just don't like beards.

But if you're going to have a beard, here's my advice:

Experiment. It grows quickly (for most people), so fool around until you find something. Whether it's long, medium long, medium short, short, or stubble. Also experiment with where you're growing it. I'm not a fan of goatee's, but maybe you can pull it off. Find something that works for you.

Keep it clean. Shave the neck. Or at least keep it clean, or slightly trimmed if you're going for a more rugged look. It doesn't matter what beard length you're going for, neckbeards just look horrible, especially when they're long. Aside from that, in my opinion, longer beard lengths are fine with sudden cut offs, but shorter beards look better with the fading out that I mentioned in my first post. A short beard with a sudden stop just looks kind of unclean to me, so I taper mine down when I wear my beard short (which isn't all the time).

Take what you will from that.

edit: Also, (I think) Axe/Tag body spray is gross. Just wear cologne like a real man, and normal deodorant. The Axe hair stuff is alright, though, I use it sometimes.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 04:28:36 AM by arlen »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
I edited that in with the first post and changed the topic title, and with that I'd like to invite everyone to supply their own tips, style, and discuss what they do with themselves.

Rep:
Level 94
Confidence is the most attractive thing a man can have.

Rep:
Level 75
I disagree.
Personally I've grown sick of these kind of men that need to show how secure or skilled they are with something, regardless if they're really confident with what they are/are doing or if it's just a pose.

To be on topic I'd suggest paying more attention to the skin underneath the beard. It's often "grainy", with little scars, discromies, ingrown hairs and pimples.
How many of you guys use exfoliating products?

Rep:
Level 94
Confidence and ego are not the same thing. The explanation of your disagreement has nothing to do with true confidence.

Rep:
Level 96
ITT: Take pride in your appearance.
Self-confidence trumps actually looking good (or at least plays an equal part), so in a roundabout way, it's justified.
/agree

Rep:
Level 97
Double agree on the confidence, I also added Holk's quote to the first post.
Formalwear update as well. Male members of RMRK, if you're up to it, take a picture of yourself next time you dress up and PM it to me so we can use you as an example =o

Rep:
Level 96
Here's another one:

Eyebrows

Some people (like me) can have rouge eyebrow hairs growing longer than other ones, and some people's eyebrows are ginormous and long. Use a beard trimmer with an adjustable setting on them. It's HIGHLY recommended that you start with a setting HIGHER than you think it should be. You don't want to cut them too short.

And PLUCK the unibrow area, and any other areas where only one of two hairs are growing in, and aren't actually part of where your eyebrows should be. I say pluck because, well, shaving them works but not only do they grow back, and quickly, but it'll look stubbly. Just pluck them out.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
For those who choose facial hair: If you choose something like handlebars or a goatee, for the sake of your masculinity KEEP IT EVEN. Nothing says "I'm a boy with a 'stache" like an uneven trim. If it goes bad while trimming, abandon ship and shave. Better luck next time.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Here's another one:

Eyebrows

Some people (like me) can have rouge eyebrow hairs growing longer than other ones, and some people's eyebrows are ginormous and long. Use a beard trimmer with an adjustable setting on them. It's HIGHLY recommended that you start with a setting HIGHER than you think it should be. You don't want to cut them too short.

And PLUCK the unibrow area, and any other areas where only one of two hairs are growing in, and aren't actually part of where your eyebrows should be. I say pluck because, well, shaving them works but not only do they grow back, and quickly, but it'll look stubbly. Just pluck them out.
Isn't plucking them painful ;_;