RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] The Black Walkway

pokeball XimOffline
Rep: +0/-0Level 73
RMRK Junior
The Black Walkway is a game I've been working on for years. I made a game of the same name on the RPG Toolkit 2, yet later I thought I'd do a remake. The re-make was originally going to be on the RPG Toolkit 3, yet the engine proved too frustrating and boring for me to use so I started over in RPG Maker XP and progress has been going great now. The game is a fantasy themed RPG, with elements of humour but still maintains a serious tone (ie: it's not a joke game).

Anyways, I'm happy to say that I've finally got enough for a demo release. I've already been doing more work and I'm still working on actually completing the game, about half the game is done, but this demo only contains about a third or so.

Spoiler for About The Game:
The game takes place in a fantasy world called Rudafu. You take the role of a man named Mark, who runs a mine in a village called Mala. Through a series of crazy events him, his best friend Jimmy and a rouge hunter named Suzin find themselves in a quest to save the world from two demonic villains who are in a race to conquer the world by summoning an ancient portal to the underworld known as the Black Walkway.

Spoiler for Screen Shots:

Spoiler for Gameplay Videos:

CLICK HERE so you can download it.

The demo features, about seven hours worth of game play and all original graphics, done by me and my brother save for battle animations, which I intend to have be completely new by the full release. It also contains a few songs which were made by my friend for the game. I've put a lot of effort into this, and I've been continuing a lot of work since I've put together the demo so I fully intend to actually finish this.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:29:28 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 73
I swear, Officer - she's over 18.
Wow, what a crisp-looking game! I love these games, with solid colors and objects that stand out. I don't know what it's always reminded me of, but I'm saying that I love the art direction for this project. :D

The gameplay, of course, is your traditional RPG, but with these graphics that seem quite distinct, this project really has the potential to stand out above the rest!

Good job, Bro.

EDIT: That tree near the wall to the pub seems to be decapitated. :|
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 01:31:14 AM by narwhals »

pokeball XimOffline
RMRK Junior
Thanks for the feedback! The more I get the more I motivated I get to work on the game. :D

Which Pub? The one in Mala?

Rep:
Level 73
Which Pub? The one in Mala?

Sorry, that was a tad vague of me.

In the second screenshot of this thread, with the bar and the live musical performers and such, if you look a little bit south of those musicians, on the other side of the wall, there's half a tree there.

All in all though, this looks like a really cool, distinct project!

Rep:
Level 73
RMRK Junior
Different to see someone not use RTP :D I've always thought of making raw graphics for a game, but thought it would take way too long. Nice to see you have the balls xD

I'll download it and have a go, nice work  ^-^

EDIT: Maybe this will inspire me to have a go at making my own graphics :O
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 05:26:06 PM by SilentlyDying »
I am taking any small spriting or graphics requests you guys have! I'm only a noob at it so keep them small. Hey, i have to learn somehow :D

Rep:
Level 73
RMRK Junior

By the way, playing the game now and the tree is all there. It's just he put 2 screenshots like that together and it looks like it's one.  :tpg:

EDIT: I've been playing the game for a while now :) It's good :D nice not having to walk round as Arshes xD
Why did you call the money "GP"? :O Dude, that's Runescape money! And lol at hard-folk \m/.
Nice battle system aswell, although i was getting butt-raped half the time :p
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 05:43:13 PM by SilentlyDying »
I am taking any small spriting or graphics requests you guys have! I'm only a noob at it so keep them small. Hey, i have to learn somehow :D

Rep:
Level 73

By the way, playing the game now and the tree is all there. It's just he put 2 screenshots like that together and it looks like it's one.  :tpg:

Ahh, thank you for clearing that up, Sir. That was really confusing me.

pokeball XimOffline
RMRK Junior
Why did you call the money "GP"? :O Dude, that's Runescape money!

The term GP is used for a lot of games, not just Runescape.

Nice battle system aswell, although i was getting butt-raped half the time :p

Yeah, I didn't make the battle system myself. I forget who did exactly, but they're mentioned in the credits.

Rep:
Level 73
RMRK Junior
The term GP is used for a lot of games, not just Runescape.
[/qoute]

Ah, runescape was first to mind to me :p it's ok though, its your game

Yeah, I didn't make the battle system myself. I forget who did exactly, but they're mentioned in the credits.

Yeah, i've seen it used before, it's nice