RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Ark's Journey(Has a short demo)

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Credits are all in the end of the game demo.
Features to be added into the game
Lockpicking
Fishing
Cooking

Features in the Game
ABS System

Screenshots

Game Storyline

This is only a broad view of the storyline it doesn't cover smaller conquests you must accomplish in order to fulfill your main goal in the description below, just like a book.
Ark was a young farm boy when his parents were killed. Living just outside the city of Nyselia on the base of the Fordorn Mountain range. Through out his life Ark has defied his elders, the farmers who take care of him, and many of the people of Nyselia and the other provinces around it. Now he will have to change the mind of the people of Nyselia in order to gain enough followers to take down the Evil Lord who currently control the kingdom. 
Short Game Story Spoiler
Spoiler for:
He decides to leave the safety of the farm because his fathers friend the farmer asks him to go to town and get some potions. Along the way he runs into an guard who has the road blocked off. So he takes the passage through the aquaducts where he runs into a ogre who blocks his was back to town. After you get into town you run into a strange man who tells you that he's been watching you since you were a boy. Then he disapears and you collect the 3 potions and head back to the farm using the main road. When you come back you find that your farm has been destroyed, burnt down to the ground and the farmer killed and his animals stolen. So you vow to gain the incentive of the people and lead a army against the Evil Lord of the Renegade Knight's who currently rules the kingdom.

Download Links 

In order to play this demo you must have RPG Maker XP installed. The demo is only a five minute gameplay test. Please give me feedback on all the monsters. Tell me what you wanna see in the ABS, how you think it could be improved.

Mirror1
Mirror2
Mirror3
Mirror4

Scripters
People who will be scripting for me when I need a feature added like the fishing or cooking.
-
-
-

Spriters
People who will be editing sprites/combining sprites for the ABS script so that the enemies can be animated as well.
-
-
-
-
-

Eventers
People who will be making events like a well or such or storyline events.
-
-
-

Testers
People who will get constant demo's of the game. Also they will need to tell everyone else helping what to improve on.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

My Email - alexander.spicer@hotmail.com
Thank you for anyone who is interested in helping to make this game work.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 10:01:13 PM by icycold2367 »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
The link doesn't work.

The address was set up a bit strangely is all, should be like this:
http://www.icycold2367.webs.com/arksjourney.htm

I'll try the game out now.

Is that the link that goes to my website or the download link on the website that doesn't work.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Sorry for not doing the feedback yet, the game wasn't working and I got frustrated. I just realized I had uninstalled RMXP. I'm getting it back now.

Oh, and it was the link to your website that hadn't worked. You should just put up your download link instead, or put up both.

EDIT:

Okay, I tried the game, and so far it's really good. The combat system is fun, the only thing wrong with that is it's very easy, and in the Aqueduct I had killed a few guards, lol. I think that isn't supposed to happen because after I couldn't kill the other guards besides the one fighting with the monsters. I didn't know what to do about the Farmer's second quest. And if you go to sleep again even after you've been told to use the sword, you'll still say, i wonder what the farmer needs today. Minor problems, that don't make the game bad, but are noticeable. Your effects aren't too good, like in the opening, but you do tell a nice story with it, one I'd like to continue if you continue with the game. :)
Nice Work with this one, please put up some more.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 01:17:23 AM by hiromu656 »

Thank you for the feedback Hiromu, sorry I havn't put up another demo yet I planned to update weekly but I just had appendicitus and had to have my appendix removed so I have to have my fiancee type these for me. I'll have another one up and the guards are supposed to be able to die because there will be a morality system so i'll fix that to. Thank you again for the feedback. Also sorry for the slow replies I just got outta surgery 3 days ago. I have 4 more till I can get up.

Here are some easy steps that you should consider in order to improve the professionalism of your game.

1. Get a custom windowskin and title screen if you don't already have one. There are plenty on the internet.

2. Work some more on making your story unique. His parents being killed while he was a child and the fact that he is a farm boy is a bit cliché. So is the fact that he must save the world from an evil empire. However, That wont be a problem at all if you add some more depth to it. Who killed said parents? (and make it more creative than bandits ;) ) Why were they killed? For example, they could have been enemies of the evil empire, so the evil empire eliminated them. That would also give a proper reason for the protagonist to be an enemy of this empire.

3. Don't call the enemy "evil." Call them something creative, that they would call themselves. Nobody calls their own kingdom "evil." People tend to justify their cruel acts.

4. Grammar! :D English isn't my spoken tongue either, so I do not claim to be perfect, but I will share the knowledge I have with you. "A" is used before a word starting on a consonant, "An" before the opposite. A sentence must make sence (contain subject etc). "Living just outside the city of Nyselia on the base of the Fordorn Mountain range." should be "He is living just outside the city of Nyselia on the base of the Fordorn Mountain range." Grammar is extremely important in order to be taken seriously. ;)

Those are actually temporary names and in the next town he learns from an old fortune teller what he's going to do then a old soldier confronts him about his parents as he looks for the potion. Then once he gets back to the farm he will find it more destroyed and broken as well as the people killed and thats when he goes from there on with the storyline. Thats just a main line at the top it doesn't have all the small plot twists and turns that games have inside to make them unique. Thank you for the feedback though. Do you have any names you'd suggest for the people who have temp names? If you do just post the temp name and his location. But ya im trying to find an old windowskin I had 2 years ago that I lost it was like parchement. Also I will work on fixing the grammar errors after my recovery. Thanks again

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Change the in game HUD, it's atrocious.

The story, honestly, sounds like a stitching together of most of the RPG cliche I've seen over the years.  I'd try to spice it up if I were you.  A lot of spice.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

How would you recomend spicing it up then?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
How would you recomend spicing it up then?

By being original, I can't write your story for you.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

I know that, that storyline at the top is like reading the back of a book its a broad coverage of the story. Theres only so many storyline bases so they will be repeated what makes the inside of the game, just like a book is that you have an element called plot twists. Like betrayal, love, hate, anger, death, sorrow. Like in shakespeares play Caesar, its in the base range about power but when you break it down underneath theres love, hate, betrayal. My game will have people dying and leaving people searching for loved ones, side storylines you have to go through before you can acomplish your main goal, killing the evil lord of an evil country.