RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Lower Stats Globally

Rep:
Level 87
I have no bias to any version of the software - 2003, XP, or VX, and I am open to using any of the three to achieve my goal.

I would like to lower the base stats for every character/monster in my game. If any of you have played the Fire Emblem series, you should know what I'm looking to achieve. Hit points around 60 for a high leveled, good unit. What I'm wondering is how I should set the attack/defense/etc stats for all of my characters and enemies to balance everything at a lower level.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I don't remember about other makers, but I know in RMVX the Hep file contains the battle formulas in a chapter. I would suggest you look at that to figure out balance.

For instance, it says that damage from a normal attack is:

Code: [Select]
(4*attacker's attack) - (2*defender's defence)

Balance is a hard part of making an RPG and there is no easy solution. Just know the formulas, adjust accordingly, do battle tests, and readjust.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Do what MA said. I remember fudging around with the VX formulas a couple weeks ago trying to do something similar that you're talking about. Low numbers without changing the formula is going to be pretty much impossible as it'll make your game extremely unbalanced by its nature. Literally +1 digit on a player's attack will make the amount of damage they do to anything a lot higher and not at all subtle. Same with a +1 defense.

Rep:
Level 87
Thanks guys, I appreciate the suggestions. I'll try it, but is there any way I can adjust the formulas in VX?