RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XNA 3.1] Colorful

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
I like it, the music is nice.

My criticisms would be,

When you collect the last pill, it goes straight to the Level complete, not having to hang around for the timer.
I don't think the detail you have put into the sprite works well with the simple level design/world

and i don't really like the fact overdosing kills you, its more a pain when the game is centered around collecting the pills, maybe if you collect too much you get some weird control scheme instead? I dunno i just think the Overdose kills the flow.

Theres also something about the controls when jumping, feels off, though i don't know why.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
This is like one of those flash-games you can't stop playing until it gets inpossible for someone of the player's skill level or until the player has to stop playing! Good job!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
When you collect the last pill, it goes straight to the Level complete, not having to hang around for the timer.

That will not change.  In this game, time is a resource you have to manage, not a limit you have to beat.  Mismanagement causes you to be complete and sit around.

I don't think the detail you have put into the sprite works well with the simple level design/world

I disagree.

and i don't really like the fact overdosing kills you, its more a pain when the game is centered around collecting the pills, maybe if you collect too much you get some weird control scheme instead? I dunno i just think the Overdose kills the flow.

If you collect the pills too quickly, you overdose and the level ends.  If all it did was change the controls, then it wouldn't be a fitting penalty for mismanaging your dosage.  Changing overdosing would be like making spikes not kill you for jumping into them.

Theres also something about the controls when jumping, feels off, though i don't know why.

The controls are calibrated so that you can make more precise movements without having to guess how far you are jumping or how high you are jumping.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I've been playing some more of this, and I just need to say: god damn can it get hard sometimes ._.

Sometimes when you're about to go back to normal but you need to make a bigger jump and you miss and you know you can't try again and ;o; chjeio ragequit ;_;

I'll keep trying ._.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Nam, why won't you try posting this in Kickstarter.com? :D
You might get some support for funding there to buy a 2008 license.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I'm kinda wary of sites like that, they seem like scams to me.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
COLORFUL is not dead

I will be updating the game to be a bit more professional, and releasing a new version of the game's demo.  Then, I am going to submit it to Valve for review. @_@
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 07:44:40 PM by NAMKCOR »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
This just in, Colorful's release date has been announced.

Colorful will be available for purchase on Desura: November 1st, 2011.
Steam release date (or at all) forthcoming.

Rep:
Level 86
Chasing to create tomorrow's experience
Nice work Etna!

great to see you pulled it off !
As you can see dedicated passion goes a long way.
It's motivating :)
Sagramore (MMORPG) - Game Designer

http://www.sagramore.com

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Namkcor...

Please tell me that those little pills in the background scroll.

Because that would look so damn cool.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Namkcor...

They do :)

There is a demo available at IndieDB - Colorful for those interested in trying out the first 40 levels, and the tutorials.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Namkcor...

They do :)

Downloading.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Colorful is now available for Pre-Order on Desura!
Follow the link below and I get more of a cut from the sale for referring you :X

« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 06:31:45 AM by Etna »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Orange Preview!
LINK

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Great stuff, as always, NAM. Really looking forward to this.
Out of random curiosity, how long does it take to make one level?
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
It depends on of I've got an idea or not.

MY SON ALWAYS DREAMED OF A LIFE AT SEA!
Rep:
Level 74
Lol Irocks a troll.
Would you be interested in a trailer for your game?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
If you purchase a copy of the game, by all means you can make a trailer of it.

Rep:
Level 74
Lol Irocks a troll.
Well I was thinking of more of an advertisement in benefit of yourself.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I stand by my previous statement.

Rep:
Level 74
Lol Irocks a troll.
If I decide to purchase the game I will then make a trailer. Thanks for sociating with me.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Colorful will be Gold Master tomorrow.  I will update the Demo Monday, and try to work with Desura for release Tuesday.  Hopefully it all goes as planned.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Colorful will not be available for purchase via Steam.
According to the Valve rep I received an email from, Steam is "not a good fit" and it's "company policy not to provide specific feedback on a submission."

So it'll be exclusively released on Desura.

Colorful Release Trailer

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cAZ07RkM3c" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cAZ07RkM3c</a>
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 11:47:40 PM by iHipster »

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
That's a huge bummer. I don't understand why Steam wouldn't allow it; what exactly are they risking if they take the game on?

Either way, I'm getting Desura and buying the game. Because I want to play it, and because you deserve it.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I don't know either.
I think it's because it's a mildly offensive concept, and I'm a nobody developer.

Thanks for your support, I'm working with Desura to try and get it released, though their verification process is slowing down the full version.