RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
HELP: Projectiles

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
RMRK Junior
Ok, first of all, I am using Rpg maker XP.
So basically I want to make my character be able to use a gun/bow or anything that shoots projectiles to kill enemies. I might have overcomplicated things a bit but here is what I did so far:

I created an invisible event whose position is always under my character and when the action key is pressed, it "shoots" the event in whatever direction I am facing and gives it the appearence of a bullet.

The enemy is in parrallel process and checks the position of the bullet to see if it is hit by it. If it is, then it disappears.

This part works fine so far, however the problem is that I also want the enemy to kill my character if I touch it directly. Basically, I want it to something when it collides with the hero. The problem is that since the event is already set in parrallel process, I have no idea how I am supposed to do that.

I've tried to make a conditional branch with a script as the condition that would check if the position of the hero is equal to the position of the event to mimic the event trigger but I am absolutely bad at scripting so I couldn't do much.

Help would be greatly appreciated ;)

PS: I am using a french version of rpg maker xp so some of the actual terms might be different from those I used^^

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
Well if you want to shoot arrows at enemies for combat, I could recommend BlizzABS, which puts all battles on the map. If you just want it for specific parts, not sure how to help you. But i recommend BlizzABS

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Agreed. Combat systems are the most complicated things to event and are way better handled as scripts unless it's like a very simple combat system. Any ABS would do you good. I would assume BlizzABS, it's the only one I ever hear people using for XP.

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
RMRK Junior
Ok thank you, I'll try that.