RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Resolved] One Quick Question

Rep:
Level 82
Okay, this is a simple question that no matter how much I search has not been answered. I use a timer for a mini game where it shoves you out of the building after it hits zero. How do I get the dag gum thing to go away after that. I'm trying to also use this as a means of making enemy-repelling items.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 07:38:13 AM by Nessiah »

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
can you provide screenshots on how it's supposed to work? I'm actually kinda confused after rereading.

Rep:
Level 82

The timer (circled) will not go away after it has run out! Not when I erase the event or exit the processing.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
lol, there is so much wrong with this

Rep:
Level 75
The timer (circled) will not go away after it has run out! Not when I erase the event or exit the processing.
Did you use Erase Picture command?

I think it's better to use a self switch leading to a new empty event page instead of erasing the event, if you don't want it to reappear.

Rep:
Level 83
I think you should work on your mapping first, sorry for going off topic.

But your trees look retarded, and your character is standing on the tower. The timer problem can be easily resolved.

Rep:
Level 82
@Miles: My mapping was a problem with priority and I was standing on the tower because i ran through a series other events to set off the timer that made that so.
@Heisenman: I have tried the Erase Picture. And the self switch change tactic won't work either.

Here is what my event looks like currently.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, A)

@> Control Timer: Stop

B) Are you using a script? It's been a long time since I used XP, but I seem to recall the timer just being a gigantic ugly number in the right hand corner. It doesn't have a little image placed under it and it's not in the centre of the screen. So, if it is a script and the Stop command doesn't make it go away, then it might just be a problem with the script. If you made the image with a Show Picture command, then an Erase Picture command would work.

Rep:
Level 82
Well. I am using a script, but i used the stop command before i ever put the script in my game and it still didn't work.

Rep:
Level 82
Okay then....I seemed to have figured it out. Close thread Plz