RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
could someone help ?

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Watching You
you see i am having problems importing tilesets and i can just drop them into the tileset folder but then you cant set the transparency of the background.

the error i get is critical error c0000005 at address 004b52a8

i think it is because the tileset is too big but i really need everything in the tileset.

what i want to know is, is there a way to get around it the software i am using is photoshop CS4, so could someone please help?

Rep:
Level 75
i can just drop them into the tileset folder but then you cant set the transparency of the background
i am using is photoshop CS4
Can't you just set the background transparency with CS4?

Dunno about the critical error.

Watching You
i have tried adding a background transparency but when i save it saves white

Rep:
Level 75
Are you saving in jpg?
Save in png.

Watching You
i do that is the only format that i save in, i set the background  transparency then try to save as PNG but because of the size of the tileset it will only allow me to save as a Tiff file then i have to use different software to convert it to PNG

Rep:
Level 75
Out of curiosity, how big is the tileset?
I never had problem saving very large images in png format.

Watching You
the tileset is 256 by 83027

256 width by 83027 height

but it contains everything i need for outside

Watching You
any chance you could take a look at it? because i dont know if i am doing something wrong but could you have a look at it and see if you can get the transparency to work?

i uploaded it to megaupload.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FCBG4QKD

because to get the tileset in i need to get it transparent and to just drop it into the tileset folder.

if you can could you show me HOW you did it because i am a real noobs at this

Rep:
Level 75
......what?

Ok I'm gonna avoid commenting on the tile size, but PhotoShop can only save images up to 30000 pixels. I don't know how to help you with that.

EDIT:
The file is not accessible, says MegaUpload.

EDIT2:
PhotoShop can only save png images up to 30000 pixels*
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 09:04:01 PM by heisenman »

Watching You
it says that sometimes but keep refeshing and it will come up and i told you it was a big tileset lol my last one which was a bit smaller than that worked fine but after looking on the internet it said that to bypass this you can set a transparent background and set the colour transparency to 50% or something but i dont get it and sometimes there are better programs for setting transparency.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Um... yeah... I sincerely doubt that you need a tileset that friggin' big. It's no wonder that you have an error, the program can't handle constantly taking pieces from that size. Cut out what you know you won't be using, and try to make multiple tilesets out of it for differing themes. Example: indoor, outdoor, snowy, etc.

What version of RM are you using?

Watching You
the newist one but i guess you could be right i could seperate the towns and roads and things but it works if i just put it into the folder but it wont import it ad nice avatar btw

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
VX? Whoa. No wonder you have a problem. x.x

VX, as I've come to understand, is very limited in tilespace. Only 5 different sets, each of a limited size. There's a solution to help you, if you have the patience and are determined to use VX for this. You can always make the parallax out of the tileset you want to use, and build a transparent map off of it. I'm not exactly sure how you do this step-by-step, but I believe there are topics for it around somewhere.

Rep:
Level 75
You can always make the parallax out of the tileset you want to use
Nooo swapXT is better  :P

Watching You
NO no no no i am using RPG maker XP i did my research on both and found VX to be lacking so i chose Xp and anyway on the faqs in the help section it says that RPG maker xp can take any tileset at any size, what i meant by newiest one was version 1.02A

Rep:
Level 75
The newest version is 1.04 iirc?

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Oh. See, that's why we want people to tell us which RPG Maker they're using before making these types of topics.

Your solution is simpler then. Separate your giant tileset into much much smaller ones, and save them as PNG files. Use RMXP's resource manager to import and change the background to proper transparency.

Watching You
ah right sorry i thought i did at the top but all i put was what i was using to edit them also what do you mean that 1.14 is the newiest version could you post me a link because i went to their main website and that is the only one that came up but then again i downloaded mine from download.com

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
There's no other version than that was released years ago. So likely you have downloaded (illegally if you're actually interested in that) a copy of XP in which somebody has probably manually fixed whatever bugs there were then redistributed it. Unless you bought this new version monster.

Also, there is absolutely no reason to have a tileset that large ever. It's literally impossible to even fit 1 of every tile from your tileset on the LARGEST possible map XP can even produce. I'm HOPING that you were 100% unaware that XP will allow you to have MANY different tilesets using only 1 at a time per map.

Learn to organize. Your problem will disappear.

Watching You
a bit harsh but true i guess i need to organise more effectively this may take awhile to complete but in the end it should look better than ever i guess thanks for the help guys