RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Random problem

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Contestant - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
Ok, I don't know who the merry f**k this happened.
Now, everytime I go into a battle, it opens, but automatically wins after about 2 seconds.
I've deleted any scripts that add stuff to the battle system, but I can't solve it somehow... help?
(This is on XP).

Rep:
Level 75
Do you have empty troops?
I don't remember if there were troops in XP, but this happens in VX when you engage a battle with an empty troop.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Ooooooooooookay. First off, are you winning as in the enemies are actually being automatically defeated, or does it load the screen, no enemies pop up, and it then does the whole victory scene? Secondly, do you have any common events dealing with battles or event pages on the troops?

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
I have 5 Common Events.
3 for the random weather system, 1 for the bank and the other for a skill scroll...

Also, the enemy is loading and I'm winning since no gameover screen appears (not set to "continue if loser").
It's not an empty troop either.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Two questions: do the enemies actually disappear though as if you had actually defeated them via normal methods, and do you reap the usual rewards at the end of the battle?

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Yeah the things that happen after winning happen, but battle screen goes off as if you fled (No EXP)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
So, the enemies pop up like a normal battle, but it immediately acts as if all the enemies aren't even there? That is a weird case... it's not an eventing error, but it doesn't sound like a scripting error. It sounds as if it's just an empty troop, except you've already said that the enemies ARE loading.

I'm always available to take a look through your project personally if you want to send it to me via PM.

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
So, the enemies pop up like a normal battle, but it immediately acts as if all the enemies aren't even there? That is a weird case... it's not an eventing error, but it doesn't sound like a scripting error. It sounds as if it's just an empty troop, except you've already said that the enemies ARE loading.

I'm always available to take a look through your project personally if you want to send it to me via PM.
Yeah I'll do that. I'll just make a random event in a generic map.

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Whoah shit that was weird... I think I found the problem actually.
My character has no graphic until a switch at the beginning... curious.

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Sorry for the triple post, but I've managed to fix it.
I managed to identify the problem, cheers for the help!

Someone lock this please.
Aeone Valentine should have a demo next week.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Might I inquire as to what the problem exactly was, in case other people have similar problems?

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Ah, a battle screen came on and the monster loaded, but it forced me to flee 2 seconds later and the battle ended.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Er, what was the cause of the problem, I meant. People wanna know what you did to fix it so that they can fix their problem too. xD

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Ah right lol XD

Basically, the lead protagonist MUST have an overworld graphic. If it doesn't, and one is set later, wild battles simply won't happen.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
That doesn't even make sense, but OK. lo!

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
inorite? mental XD