RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Aeone Valentine

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Contestant - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9

Storyline (Subject to change depending on reaction)
Spoiler for:
Jimmy has been thrown into a dungeon. He can't remember why.
He's on a journey of self-discovery as well as finding the answers.

Gameplay Style
Spoiler for:
Similar to Dragon Quest, as in there's about half an hour of gameplay in each town, and each time you complete the main quest you discover a little more.

Characters (Images coming soon)
Spoiler for:
Jimmy - The main protagonist. A confused amateur 15 year old fighter.
Has well-balanced stats and can provide distractions to become the main target.

Deuce - Jimmy's childhood friend. Is a lancer and can easily win duels.
He's a threat to opponents, as well as being a hard hitter. His defense isn't so good though.

Janine - Janine is a mage. She's great with spells and can become a threat to the opposition. With her magic skills and defense, she can work her magic while Jimmy and Deuce attack.

Features
Spoiler for:
Fishing - The first mission requires fishing.
Mining - Mine to find certain items.
Spell Scrolls - Find scrolls to learn new spells.
Spellbooks - Read books to learn new spells.
Alchemy - Go to the blacksmith to combine certain items.

Screenshots
Spoiler for:

Demo
-None yet-
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 08:40:22 PM by skaraflame »

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Only 15 years old?

Could you possibly add 5 to that age please.

Rep:
Level 75
Not to be rude, but what is the point of opening a thread where there's next to no content about the game?

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Haven't you opened the spoilers?
But I know what you mean, I'll be adding screens soon.

Jimmy's staying 15. Don't worry though, he ages throughout the game.

EDIT: 3 Screenshots added.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 08:40:52 PM by skaraflame »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
As long as it's not a kid wielding a sword for the first time off to save the world.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I don't know, man. If we take everything useful in your post and compare it to nothing, it looks to be about the same size.

Jimmy has been thrown into a dungeon. He can't remember why.
He's on a journey of self-discovery as well as finding the answers.
Similar to Dragon Quest, as in there's about half an hour of gameplay in each town, and each time you complete the main quest you discover a little more.
Jimmy - The main protagonist. A confused amateur 15 year old fighter.
Has well-balanced stats and can provide distractions to become the main target.
Deuce - Jimmy's childhood friend. Is a lancer and can easily win duels.
He's a threat to opponents, as well as being a hard hitter. His defense isn't so good though.
Janine - Janine is a mage. She's great with spells and can become a threat to the opposition. With her magic skills and defense, she can work her magic while Jimmy and Deuce attack.
Fishing - The first mission requires fishing.
Mining - Mine to find certain items.
Spell Scrolls - Find scrolls to learn new spells.
Spellbooks - Read books to learn new spells.
Alchemy - Go to the blacksmith to combine certain items.

You say that the story will change depending on reactions. You wrote three very short vague sentences for your entire story. What possible reactions could anyone have besides "what is the point of opening a thread where there's next to no content about the game?"

Just sayin'

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Meh, I'll be updating often anyway.

What do you guys think of the screens?

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
UPDATE: Development in story.

I've put a cutscene a the beginning once you leave the first area.
This shows what's going to happen soon in the game.
It's also a sort of life story, as it involves the Hero falling in love (not with a team member, Janine is hot but has no interest for the Hero).

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
After reading the story, the character Biografy, and seen the screenshots, I'm not interested to play this game. Why? Because the story is to basic, and isn't interesting. And I don't like main characters that just got sexually mature. And the screenshots is to straight and bare. There's some good mapping tutorials on this site. Use them. You should have worked on a more interesting storyline before posting this. The only thing I like with this is the Game title.

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
After reading the story, the character Biografy, and seen the screenshots, I'm not interested to play this game. Why? Because the story is to basic, and isn't interesting. And I don't like main characters that just got sexually mature. And the screenshots is to straight and bare. There's some good mapping tutorials on this site. Use them. You should have worked on a more interesting storyline before posting this. The only thing I like with this is the Game title.
Fair enough, but the maps aren't completed, I'm working on the game's core before adding NPC's and elaborate map features.

It's still early enough for the story to change, no storytelling has been in this game yet since I have literally have about half an hour of gameplay.

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Sorry for double posting, but I have some more updates on the game.
Now, before you slate me for this, what I'm about to reveal is something that doesn't get in the way of the game's storyline in any way. It's merely a set-up for the end of the game.

The Player gets engaged, and married towards the end of the game. Like I said, it doesn't at all disrupt the game. You'll see.

I'm planning on making the story much better, I already have some great ideas, so watch this space.

If you think you can contribute to making this game better, you can join the development team by applying in my recruitment topic.

Rep:
Level 82
We learn by living...
I like the Inn, and the use of spoilers, which I've for some reason forgotten how to do. You may want to set up some special dueling events and put a lot of focus on that for your lancer. i'm a big fan of fluff.

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
I like the Inn, and the use of spoilers, which I've for some reason forgotten how to do. You may want to set up some special dueling events and put a lot of focus on that for your lancer. i'm a big fan of fluff.
Maybe, at this stage I'm very open to ideas. I aim to please :D
I'll try and put what everyone wants and make it work.

Dueling events sound good, never considered that if i'm honest.

Rep:
Level 75
Sorry I ate the Chaos emerald...
the game looks a bit default
give it some awesome systems...
and use some of the custom resources around here
there is plenty of stuff that come in handy
my weirdness is in a good way,isn't it?

Rep:
Level 82
We learn by living...
Maybe, at this stage I'm very open to ideas. I aim to please :D
I'll try and put what everyone wants and make it work.

Dueling events sound good, never considered that if i'm honest.

You could try adding a "name change" event that checks for a variable (wins vs. losses, total victories, etc.). If the variable is higher than ___, then it triggers the name change for your lancer guy. Here's a link to an old 8 bit game that had titles:

http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/nes/faxanadu/ranks.shtml

you could be ranked a Novice, or a Lord, with fringe benefits. For example, when you go talk to the king or the Armory, your dueling rank could be high enough to get special missions (with amazing rewards), or access to the "locked vaults" with amazing equipment options. Free nights stay at Inns for very high ranks. You might even get the keys to special tunnels or dungeons out of Respect.

Advice: if you only have three protagonists, you should make each one extra special.

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
I'm not a fan of the whole ranking system if i'm honest.
It looks default so far because I don't have any custom sprites or battlers for my protagonist.

Development is currently on hold since my laptop is riddled with viruses that won't let me do anything. I just need the project folder to be moved to an external storage system then I'll be alright.
This has taught me a lesson to be extremely careful in terms of what "naughty websites" I go on.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)
Well, the game looks OK. I think the mapping could be worked on a bit. For instance in the inn, there are height issues. The ceiling needs to be four tiles tall at the room dividing walls, not just two since there is an elevation. The rock town also needs a bit more variance - the two "buildings" look identical, and the tracks don't really make any sense. Remember that they were built by humans, and that means they should have a purpose. The oddly winding ones don't and the really short track seems to be of quite limited utility.

That said, your mapping is better than most.

Aside from that, you haven't given us a lot to talk about. The story of the amnesiac teenager is a little cliche. That isn't to say that it can't be good, but you should be cautious about using too many cliches without giving your game a more unique flavour. Lots of commercial games do that storyline better than you will be able to in RM.

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Don't worry, i'm trying to stay away from the RPG Cliches (I've read the list).
There's a reason for the tracks being like that too, it's not game-changing, but it's explained.

Rep:
Level 75
Since Deuce is Jimmy childhood friend, wouldn't he help him recover his amnesia?

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Since Deuce is Jimmy childhood friend, wouldn't he help him recover his amnesia?
True story bro, but Deuce is met nearly an hour into the game, so the first chapter is Jimmy's emo "Who am I?" chapter.

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
Can't say much about this at this point. You can't really summarize a story in one sentence. The mapping isn't to great, but hell it's better than mine.

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Yeah, the mapping isn't complete yet. I'm just shaping the maps for now.
Tbh, I spent a lot of time on the Burning Prison Map. Screenshot when my laptop is fixed.