RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Player's Name

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Contestant - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
How do I add the Player's Name in text?
See, I added the ability to name the player, now I need to know the text code so the name actually appears in text.

GRABBIN SOME PEELZ
Rep:
Level 85
Doin some...
Use the internal code to recall an actors name. Depends on the maker but should be something like...
Code: [Select]
\N[x]
Of course replace "x" with what actor this is for.

The in editor helps are really helpful for things like this, I think both XP and VX have pop up "What's This" help that should tell you everything you need to know. Even an experienced RPG Maker could use a glance at the Help files.

<Skanker> Fairy talks about asses in 9 sentences out of 10

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Only post in the Technical Support if there's a problem with running the game/game errors that your computer spits out (NOT including errors the game throws at you because of some custom scripts; Use the Scripts area there.), not for figuring out how to perform actions within the game. If you need to request how to do something with the RPG Maker, always post in Tutorials (NOT the Databases or Event Systems, those are for finished products to share with other people).
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 02:49:09 PM by grafikal »

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Contestant - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
Cheers, that helped a lot. (No sarcasm intended).