RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Event help

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
Keyblade maker
I have a spot where you can only walk into the NPC, and that causes a fight. After the fight, I want the NPC to die or disappear allowing the character to walk by. But after the fight the NPC still stays at the spot. I used to have a teleport after you win the fight, but I was wondering if there was a better way of doing it and having 3 copies of the world map. Thanks
Edit. RPG2k3
"This is not death. This is sacrifice." Grahm Aker.
SOG Gundam

your signature is stupid

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
I'm not entirely sure I understand your question, but I'll give it a shot anyway...

Okay, this is my basic understanding (please correct me if I'm wrong :)). You want to fight an NPC blocking your path, and when you win, he disappears with a magical flourish of wonder and majesty. But when you come back, he's back too, and you have to fight him again.

There's a very easy fix for this: you could either assign that monster to a switch which toggles back on when you leave the map, or you could use the wonderfully obscure Erase Event command (although you should almost never use that command; make sure you clearly understand how switches work if you want to take this shortcut). So say you run into the NPC (maybe with a set by collision event where he says "You... Shall not... Pass!" like Gandalf), then initiate the battle. The very next line should just say Erase Event, and *poof*, no more monster. The good thing about Erase Event, though, is that the event reappears when you leave & come back.

Again, correct me if I misunderstood your question...

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
Keyblade maker
Thats about all thanks. I'll try it and say my results
"This is not death. This is sacrifice." Grahm Aker.
SOG Gundam

your signature is stupid