RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
if i pitch my idea please help me

Rep:
Level 74
RMRK Junior
excuse me please don't delete again, having a hard time understanding the forums or anything people talk about very inexperienced but i had a simple rpg maker when i was a kid and had a lot of fun with it why can't i find something simple that works now.
i am on a vista home premium laptop
i dont care what program i use at this point- just want to have a walk around through worlds with characters and event flags program.(caterpillar people would be cool too)
i downloaded rpg maker 2003 and it won't let me start a project just a sound then a window with some symbols.
i downloaded the 2000 one, couldnt get it working
not sure what all the short forms mean i have a very bad memory and im just learning
i tried downloading "9" or something with all the patches in it the patches advertised looked like the program gave a lot of freedom but it wouldnt start because "i must start rm2k 3k or other before it will start" or something
i dont knowowowowowoww
i'll take any program that works
please tell me what i need to download

the idea is just human evolution into peace and save us from overpopulation rape and theres a lot more to the idea i just want to pitch it with a simple program please help

Rep:
Level 84
You probably need to get XP or VX. Vista doesn't like XP either, but there are ways around it. I'm not sure about 2k, 2k3, of 95, I've never gotten them to work on Vista (that's my OS as well).

Rep:
Level 74
RMRK Junior
ty very much my next bet was to download VX.
ty for replying i know it was a lame post but the ideas i have arent lame i think it could make a good game if i can use a prgram to pitch it once i get into a game design course

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Learn to spell.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, his spelling was actually pretty good. It's more a grammar problem. I do want to be saved from overpopulation rape.

Anyway, I can operate 2k, 2k3, XP and VX all on Vista, but you may need to get into the Administrator account to run the older ones. I would suggest starting with VX, since the learning curve is shallower than 2k3 and XP.