RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX] Angelz Cries Tactics

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
Tactical RPG

WARNING: Mature themes and strong language. (F-bombs ahoy!)

Here is a RPG game I've made loosely based on a screenplay I've written a while ago.

Story: My name is Gentz. My life sucks. Work is boring as hell. My neighbor is an emotional wreck. The only 2 people I know wants nothing to do with me.... Yeah, whatever. Until one night something happened.... I think I fell asleep and then I woke up in a strange world. This one guy name Max told me that I must pilot a gaint robot thingy and command a small army in order to.... He didn't tell me, who exactly is he?
Well.... That giant robot.... It's pretty cool. I guess.
Whatever it's probably nothing....
Angelz Cries.

Characters:

Gentz - Slightly depressed, incredibly strange. The way he acts is not normal, or at least he thinks its not normal, he has a very foul language, and is scared of relationships. He isn't sure if the events that occur during night are real or not but he doesn't care. He doesn't care about anything. Not anymore, at least......

Max - A mysterious figure who calls Gentz at night to fight the mysterious army for unknown reasons. Nothing is known about him and nothing will ever be known..... Not unless..... Unless.... That man does something to figure him out......

Tina - A girl Max called. She is always smiling. No matter what the situation, she will always smile.... A smile goes a long way, but in the incorrect situation a smile can be the most painful facial expression....

Lisa - Gentz's next door neighbor. Her boyfriend left her and that left a terrible mark on her psyche. She now hates everything and everyone. Particularly Gentz. She's obsessive and always angry.

Rufus - Gentz's boss. He has no friends and talks to flowers. He thinks the flowers responds to him, maybe they do. When he talks to the flowers, no one is ever around to hear them. He is also seen writing down something in his notebook, like wise no one is there to see what he is writing down. At first he comes across as a shy yet stern man but as Gentz gets closer to him his true colors are revealed.

Gameplay: Angelz Cries Tactics is.... Well... A tactical RPG. You take turns moving across a map, choose to attack or skills. If none is possible you wait. You can choose a direction in which to stand. Showing your back side to the enemy is not a good idea, you have a higher chance of getting hit by showing the backside. After all the enemies are cleared you get to move to the next level.
After clearing all the levels you'll have to fight the boss. The boss is always stronger then his or her minions, and you as well. It takes strategy to take down the boss, usually long ranged weapons or skills do the trick. Once the boss is complete you'll be treated to some dialogue and then repeat. I tried to make the levels different so it doesn't seem repetitive. Well, I'm not sure what else to say about the gameplay. It's pretty self-explanatory if you've played any turn based strategy games.

Credits -
Some animations ripped by o0?Kodama
some other animations ripped by Nightmare
Even more animations ripped by Ryan914
EVEN MORE animations ripped by Grim
All animations are from Super Robot Wars

Facesets made with: http://www.manga.com/content/avatar-face-maker

Character sets made with: http://hubpages.com/hub/Rpg-maker-vx-Character-Generator

Battle System: GubiDs Tactical Battle System
Ziifee's Spin Menu

Music Credits:
Bowling For Soup
FLCL Soundtrack
Evangelion Soundtrack
Serial Experiments Lain Soundtrack
Guilty Gear Soundtrack
Kontiki

Screenshots

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I promise to finish this regardless of how popular it actually becomes.
Even if no one downloads the demo I'll finish making the game.

The demo contains the first 2 episodes. Here it is: Download

Tell me what you think. Constructive criticism is a welcome response.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 04:31:51 AM by KingLes98 »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I've already seen most Gundam series, therefore I've played this already. Is there anything more to the "Story."

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
So I'm guessing your game is a CONSTANT battle cause you have no other screenshots. The GTBS isn't that impressive anymore.